Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Mr Hendon"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Mr Hendon

By rwakeley (legacy user)27/4/2014 01:21Sun Apr 27 01:21:45 2014

Views: 3708

Today reminded me of Whitstable...
On reflection I have a more rather strange recollection. At East Thurrock seeing Simon working his way around the touchline to greet the gaffer prior to kick-off. I had an overriding sense of unease -which has remained in situe.
As a mere supporter I have little or no knowledge of what trials and tribulations manifest.
I can only wonder as to the sheer depths Simon has to plunge in order to keep Hendon afloat.
The man is simply a colussus in the proud history of our club.
And so is Gary McCann - his expertise has become the very footprint of our progress and frankly unique style of play.
Hendon could potentially be on the cusp of a re-birth, despite any percieved short-term difficulties.
One only has to look at the evolution of Wealdstone to see the correlation.
There are not words in the English vocabulary to disclose how proud I am of the efforts undertaken by all segments of the club. Kevin Mac has led the team with vigour.
I hope Gary stays in the same way the Stones gaffer stayed with equally challenging timeframes.
Personally, including friendlies, I havn't travelled in excess of ten thousand miles this season to hear talk of defeatism.
Despite our clubs challenges - I also readily acknowledge at long last a potential future.
That's testimony to those involved.
I thank all those past and present of whom have contributed to a gallant campaign - here's to the next.

rwakeley

• Collapse threadMr Hendon by rwakeley27/4/2014 01:21Sun Apr 27 01:21:45 2014view thread