Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Another wasted trip to London..."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Another wasted trip to London...

By rwakeley (legacy user)1/3/2014 18:31Sat Mar 1 18:31:16 2014In response to Re: Another sunny Saturday

Views: 4819

Your frustrated - just got back from, my fourth or fifth recently wasted 300 mile round trip.
Also paid £60 not to go to Lewes! I was in Hendon library this morning when I found out.
The trips I have made in 2014 - Maidstone - a monsoon. Kingstonian - I had the flu, caught my train by seconds, and then I had to stand, squashed by the toilets from Wolverhampton to Euston.
Wealdstone - I still felt fuzzy in the head, whacked out on medication.
Just got stranded at Wolverhampton due to meeting up with Wolves fans.
Due to where I live, I have no alternative but to travel. Coming back through Northolt this afternoon the sun was shining. Same as Lowestoft at home. I know teams have to travel, but I do wonder sometimes if some games could be apparoached differently. 'IF' there is a chance of it being on, then go for it - I wonder if the games could be put back 24 hours as was suggested with our game at Hastings a couple of years back. Clutching at straws...
I need a very large drink.
Good luck in the week lads.

rwakeley