Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Just how integral..."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Just how integral...

By SteveHFC (legacy user)24/2/2014 09:02Mon Feb 24 09:02:06 2014In response to Just how integral...

Views: 4518

Personally I believe Gary is absolutely crucial to the cause, and I honestly believe that if he wasn't our manager, we wouldn't be where we are. Should Gary ever leave, I believe that we would find it extremely difficult to appoint another manager capable of producing what Gary and his team have produced over the past nine years.

We were outstanding on Saturday, really pleased with the performance, if disappointed with the result. As many of you know I have friends outside of football who are long time Wealdstone supporters, and catching up with some of them after the game, they were very complimentary of how we played and agreed we were fully deserving of all three points. But that is the sign of a potentially title winning side when you have a poor game as Wealdstone did, but still nick a point. The championship is theirs to lose.

This next bit some may find to be a bit controversial.......

Those who follow my twitter feed will know that our turnout on Saturday in terms of support was disappointing at best. I reckon there were no more than 50 supporters there for a game that most Hendon fans tell me is the one they always really want us to win. I do know there'll be many supporters who weren't there for very good reasons, I have no problem with that.

My final comment for today - Gary, Freddie, Junior, Mark and all the current squad have shown real commitment to the club by sticking with us despite the budget cut. We are really fortunate that they have done that, it would have been so easy for them all to walk away. As supporters, we need to show that same commitment (as much as finances, distance, ill health and other commitments will allow), turn up to as many games as we can and really get behind the team and show them our appreciation for their commitment to the cause. We really do have a squad and management team to be proud of - let's all show them that tonight and in the games to come over the next couple of months - and together, who knows what we can achieve.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website