ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: On this day feature by David B25/2 18:57Thu Feb 25 18:57:41 2021view thread

Oldest article: Lowestoft away by Malc29/8/2013 19:10Thu Aug 29 19:10:33 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "My Hendon by Chris Hutton"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

My Hendon by Chris Hutton

By John Rice (legacy user)13/2/2014 15:36Thu Feb 13 15:36:58 2014In response to My Hendon by John White

Views: 15144

How long have you been supporting Hendon?
From the day I was born! I believe that I was taken to matches in my pushchair by my Mum and Dad along with my brother Paul and from what I have been told, I even escaped out of my pushchair and wandered onto the pitch at one match, no idea what the match was but not the only time that I went on the pitch whilst following Hendon!

What was your first game?
No idea as I was still in a pushchair but the first matches that I do remember were all in the 86/87 season....

League Cup Final held at Windsor against Bognor when we lost 3-2

Burton Albion home and away in the GMAC cup semi final....the Hendon fans singing "who put the ball in the Burton net.....Dermot Drummy"

The final which was against Kettering at their own ground.....remember being caged in for our own safety and my first real taste of segregation at a non league match

Harrow Borough away in the County Cup when we were 3-0 down and came back to win 5-3.....remember running on the pitch afterwards to celebrate with all the other Hendon supporters

Why do you support Hendon FC?
Brainwashed by my family and really did not have a choice, had Harrow Borough and Wealdstone on our doorstep but was always going to be Hendon as it was a family tradition

Favourite Hendon game?
Really hard to pick a particular game as there have been so many favourites over the years.
The home match against Leyton Orient in the FA Cup has to be one though simply due to the fact there was a big crowd at Claremont Road and an amazing atmosphere. followed by
The replay which we won. A great turn out of Hendon supporters and another great atmosphere plus Hendon all over Sky Sports News and the national papers for change

Favourite Hendon memory?
Again so many to pick from with lots of incidents over the years on the terraces with visiting supporters.....these are more personal to me so they stick out in my memory a lot more. Running on the pitch at Purfleet to celebrate a comeback goal, an argument with visiting Enfield supporters, a Chertsey supporter threatening to hit me lol

Favourite team to play?
Not that I ever liked them, but home and away matches against Enfield always seemed quite lively and had a good atmosphere. Always a good crowd at their place and they always brought decent support to ours. Also the same reason for Slough Town, plus I lived there for a few years so away trips to their ground were easy for me

Favourite Hendon player of all time?
Well I was pictured as a kid in the Roy of the Rovers comic posing with Iain Dowie 'Me and My Hero' was the title so I guess Iain Dowie would be up there as one of my favourites! Too many others over the years that could warrant a mention but really any player who gave 100% for the club and wasn't only there for the money