Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Truely Epic Performance"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Truely Epic Performance

By John Fordham (legacy user)7/1/2014 10:43Tue Jan 7 10:43:42 2014In response to Re: Truely Epic Performance

Views: 4280

Have to agree with all that's been said about:
1. Hospitality at Maidstone. As an example, get welcomed as walk in through the turnstiles by friendly groundstaff member who points out all the facilities at the stadium. Supporters were very friendly bunch.
2. Thoroughly deserved a point - best defensive performance I've seen this season and, no, was definitely not a penalty when their winger went on his great run in to the penalty area late on - agreed with by all Maidstone supporters surrounding me.
3. Use of a 3G pitch really is no-brainer.

What baffles me is the official reason for Louis being sent off. Incident happened not too far away from me. Louis definitely went in very hard with his elbow into the body of the Maidstone player, in the kidney region - this was agreed with by all the Maidstone supporters surrounding me, by Eddie in the bar at half-time and, as it transpires, by the initial Twitter feed to HFC website. Whether accidental or not, was very obviously an immediate red card. Why the 'official' reason for sending him off was for a slap in the face is beyond me - didn't happen in my opinion. Maybe the ref didn't actually see the incident and made up a reason after the Maidstone players reaction, I don't know.

Great day out in appalling weather/