Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Truely Epic Performance"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Truely Epic Performance

By rwakeley (legacy user)5/1/2014 00:25Sun Jan 5 00:25:48 2014In response to Re: Maidstone

Views: 4456

Both the Stones and the Gods threw all they had at us, including the kitchen sink.
We showed intencity, guile, resolution and composure.
There was depth to our game, an overriding determination to step up a gear when required.
I have never seen rain like that at a football match. Maybe it galvanized us. The selection and attitude was exemplorary. I even thought the Ref had a good ninety.
There were times when the defence, which has been so much at fault, played with distain and were almost dismissive of the opposition. The composure at the back was faultless, but in no way disguised a tremendous amount of hard-work.
In some respects I think that was a bit of an eye-opener. We went in what maybe the champions back-yard and matched them pound for pound.
That niney will be stored away in the memory bank for a very long time - we were exceptional.

rwakeley