ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: On this day feature by David B25/2 18:57Thu Feb 25 18:57:41 2021view thread

Oldest article: Lowestoft away by Malc29/8/2013 19:10Thu Aug 29 19:10:33 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "My Hendon by John Rice"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

My Hendon by John Rice

By John Rice (legacy user)21/10/2013 12:14Mon Oct 21 12:14:58 2013In response to My Hendon by Steve Rogers

Views: 16440

How long have you been supporting Hendon? 35 years

What was your first game? MCC Final 1979. 3 - 1 win over Harrow. Len Burt, then Supporters Association Chairman, predicted the score.

How did you find Hendon FC? My uncle was taken to games by his uncle and he did the same for my brother and I.

Why do you support Hendon FC? It is a way of life.

Favourite Hendon game? Beating Leyton Orient 1 - 0 away. Beating Wealdstone 5 - 4. Top game though - 9 April 1987 MSC away against Harrow. 3 - 0 down by half time. Simon, our main singer at a concert. As wwe came out onto the pitch for the second half Jeremy (Simon's brother) started singing 'We will win'. We joined in and sang for the whole of the second half. The players were peed off with us 'taking the p***' as they saw it. Battled back to 3 - 3 by full time. We knocked in 2 more in extra time. Pitch invasion afterwards. Fantastic night.

Favourite Hendon memory? So many. Playing Aldershot at Claremont Road and only seeing half the pitch due to fog. Leyton Orient away. The singing during that game, aided by the vocal Clitterhouse boys.

Favourite team to play? Any club whose fans enter into the true spirit of the game.

Favourite Hendon player of all time? Uche, Dowie, Whits, McCann, Worley, Xavier, Gripper, Gibbo, Drummy, Campbell.... The list goes on. We have been so lucky with some fantastic players who have worn the shirt with pride.