Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Amersham pre-season tournament in 2008. by AlanAinsworth8/1/2021 12:24Fri Jan 8 12:24:34 2021view thread

Edgware

By rwakeley9/12/2020 17:32Wed Dec 9 17:32:56 2020

Views: 6195

I can't wait to see these lads in full throttle. Their one goal got me thinking - a cracking header. I do think our style potentially restricts us with those types of deliveries and execution. Joe has had a couple of similar positions of late. We are demonstrably placing emphasis on the floor and low driven in deliveries. No problem for me if it works. I do like the Somerset type of whom cross from a far deeper, more direct onus from out wide. Interesting to see how the relationship between our front players perform in that regard. Would Joe flick on and be the one to hold up the ball for the new lad, should things pan out that way. I think with regard to visiting the high flyers and their style to visiting the contrasting types of whom like to play faster, we are looking better equipped.
Defensively, I have no concerns at all. With the full deployment we should cope with anything thrown at us. One slight thought with regards to how Tom is in some as getting back to his previous outstanding best. We have options.
At some point we should get fully operational and then go from there. I think in an underlying sense we are pretty solid and consolidating. I don't think Lee has even had a chance yet to fully deploy his troops.
I saw a corresponding Hendon, Edgware game. I think it was 9-1 off the top of my head. Meant equally nothing in the context of what materialised. I think now, we are far stronger. I think the lad in charge is doing a very impressive job.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Ted Hardy - an obituary by David B4/12/2020 18:44Fri Dec 4 18:44:34 2020view thread