Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thoughts - Part 1 by rwakeley28/10/2020 21:22Wed Oct 28 21:22:55 2020view thread

The Bees Knees - First up Brentford

By rwakeley21/10/2020 16:13Wed Oct 21 16:13:43 2020

Views: 5963

Wow! Where to begin? I nearly never went - my poor bank account. Again Wow! I'm glad I did! I made a reference under James. Over at Youtube a montage of the flair of the French Rugby Union tries from the 70s and 80s. I sat there last night thinking that might just be the closest comparison you could envisage. 5mins in. Joe Adams, the chief protagonist for me in the LSCF. What can you say? Going into the final, I looked at their goals. They don't score tap ins. He reminds me of the lad Gary has in the middle over at Hampton. I could happily watch that all day. Ironically, after his goal, I thought he went a tad of the boil. His muckers then got in on the act. There was for me the French flair about them, a delight! Only without the self-destruct tendancies and the arrogance!
The second 45. I was actually, more impressed with them. Even more emblematic of the French. Playing out from inside there own bloody box! That try vs NZ from the "end of the world". The lad coming on at the back 3 only had 2 types of pass in him. Probing down the flanks. I really hoped somebody has filmed that - every fan should sit down with a cuppa and watch it. My mind is blown, got to post something about us yet - That was really was worth the effort and I would go as far as saying it was actually a privilege to sit there and watch it. It really was enjoyable to see the lads getting beat 6-0 at half time!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: The Bees Knees - Hendon

By rwakeley21/10/2020 17:00Wed Oct 21 17:00:56 2020In response to The Bees Knees - First up BrentfordTop of thread

Views: 1444

My onus is more on where we are at than that of last night. Nothing but complete admiration for the lads for having to withstand a Tsunami. I think moreover, there are increasing signs of progression, despite the casualty list. Joe for me, second 45 demonstrated he's a more effective frontman with support. When he pulls out wide, akin to the Mazzone lad, things open up. Going long into him without help mitigates us. His control and lay-offs were impressive. Midfield wise, my fave combo to date, has been Bally and Forbsey. I have a few niggles. Post match natter with Paul B, he cited the goals conceded on the back of our own corners. I agree. I also think that vs HW there was some more onus played on us playing out from the back ourselves. This for me is our biggest challenge. All the top sides demonstrate this and I am hoping once players come back to the fray, more signs of progress with take shape. Good to hear from Radio Poole that they were so complimentary of Lucas getting forward down the flanks. There are clear signs of progress in every game, despite our injuries. Cracking set of lads, I can only see us getting better. Well played to each and everyone of them. We are clearly getting stronger and going in the right direction. Keep at it!
PS. I for one, would love another crack at Brentford! A title decider! Bring it on!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Dessie by rwakeley16/10/2020 01:20Fri Oct 16 01:20:48 2020view thread