Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The Bees Knees - First up Brentford by rwakeley21/10/2020 16:13Wed Oct 21 16:13:43 2020view thread

Dessie

By rwakeley16/10/2020 01:20Fri Oct 16 01:20:48 2020

Views: 1615

I agree with Dessie on FB at least in principle. Not knocking the lad at all. I just don't think he fits our designation. You can at least envisage a scenario for which you can picture players staying on board and incorporating a solid foundation from which to structure and develop a team to compete at a higher level. I think Lee will automatically look to upgrade and develop his own footprint on the team going forward, looking beyond short-term problems in favour of the bigger picture.
Irrespective of the usual managerial obstacles, I genuinely envisage that this is an opportunity to see the potential realised. I think it is already evident. I keep going back to Slough as the Southern League template. I think setting your plans on survival at a higher level holds you pretty good stead at your current. The overall development of the squad with regards to the type of player is for me as important as his skillset as for me we already have a pretty good notion of the direction of where we are going in an overall sense. I thought Truro looked physically small compared to Weymouth. Weymouth for me at SJP set the standard. I thought they were the best oppo I've seen at the the same level, including Ryman days. I don't think we need to deviate to much. Calculated additions which further strengthen us could really enhance us. In an underlying sense, that is one complimentary state to be in. Some ways to go as demonstrated we have to adapt to different oppositions. The progress vs HW the crosses in the highlights alone, more than that in previous matches combined, the improvement down the flanks. The distribution, maintaining possession. Tangible progress straight from the training field. For me, way off our potential, and plenty more upside. I think we are in constant developement mode, and I really like the foundation and what could manifest from that mindset. Easiser to replace lost players along the way. Buying into the notion. Yet another toughie Saturday testing our resilience against no doubt another physically strong outfit. Enjoy!

Edited by rwakeley at 01:21:19 on 16th October 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

Interesting day!

By rwakeley17/10/2020 23:42Sat Oct 17 23:42:55 2020In response to DessieTop of thread

Views: 6056

Very interesting. I do think Corks has that in his make-up. He has to own that, and we have to adjust. The commentary suggesting we have problems with our delivery in terms of quality. Alright. Light in the sand. Conclusion.
We have one or two niggles. Not a disaster. It's what we already knew. On the day, we could have gotten someting, maybe not,.. Today, for me was a characteristical confirmation of what was already known. Take it on the chin. Confirmation. If it's replicated, that's below the standard expected. Today for me was a learning curve, and that is being bloody diplomatic because the writing was on the wall. It had been apparent. You can talk about the last 20 mins and the rest ext... Some of today was there in an underlying concept.. and I only type that because I know we can do better... and that's a compliment! A keyboard warrior perhaps, some of today, I know we could have been better, that frustrates me! It really does,...

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Testing testing by Dessie12/10/2020 23:12Mon Oct 12 23:12:18 2020view thread