Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Chesham by rwakeley1/1/2020 23:15Wed Jan 1 23:15:49 2020view thread

Harrow

By rwakeley26/12/2019 22:30Thu Dec 26 22:30:13 2019

Views: 1936

In selecting my Hendon team of the decade, it hit home, what I had actually left out was what I maintain we require now, more than ever.
I would assume that today told us nothing we didn't already know. The manager himself has touched on the key areas of concern.
Both our play-off sides in my view were greatly enhanced with the inclusion of James Fisher and Michael Corks. We lost only one out of thirty league games of which James started. I think his contribution was massively overlooked. I personally believe we are crying out for that type, with the key onus on the distribution. The lad Brewer and Big Dave obviously have immense qualities. I thought the former had a good game against HW often in acres of free space, but overlooked. The latter, his defensive qualities are undeniable. I think we need someone there of whom can anchor things and pass. Even Royston, pre-season had a lad. He looked of the older brigade but none-the-less forced us to change our formation as he spread the ball out wide.
We've seen enough of sides in this league to recognise their traits. Many mediocre sides forcing the game through short-passing in midfield, the better sides playing out from the back as demonstrated.
I maintain we have some very interesting players. The lad Eshun, powerful, a Lukaku type. The lad Brooks, the lad Smith at the back looks a real find. I believe we need that key player to bring it all together and with it an identity and style of play best suited to bring the best out of our players.
We've averaged two goals a game of late, we need to get resilient. Despite short-term volatility, there is with some modifications, I believe huge scope.
Interesting to see what Lee can deliver with a solid pre-season under his belt.
Keep at it.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow

By John Rogers27/12/2019 09:08Fri Dec 27 09:08:44 2019In response to HarrowTop of thread

Views: 7376

That's one and a half matches where we haven't really been at it compared to previous standards set by this group. A total lack of creativity aside from Andronicus cutting in off the right flank.

Yesterday was severely disappointing, against a Harrow side apparently in freefall and without a clean sheet since the opening day. We looked very weak in the final third, which is a concern. I think we really missed Brooks' energy and tenacity and, as Lee mentions in his interview, the midfield isn't quite working.

The intensity to win the ball back that we saw early on in Lee's tenure hasn't been there. He seems to have identified what needs to change and I'm sure it will.

A Christmas period that we were hoping to claw ourselves away from the bottom 3 has yielded a single point so far, now we go to a rampant Chesham on Wednesday before hosting a resurgent Weston side.

Chins up, and on we go.

Re: Harrow

By Claremont Man27/12/2019 14:36Fri Dec 27 14:36:58 2019In response to Re: HarrowTop of thread

Views: 1799

The dreadful weather yesterday ensured that we would not see a classic local derby and that proved to be the case. Two poor sides showed just why they are both where they are in the League, Harrow were just that bit better than us and we couldn't have any moans about the result. I was impressed by the honesty of manager Lee in his post match interview and hope that given time he can wheel and deal effectively and get us heading for the heights again(preferably in the Isthmian).

Nailed It!

By rwakeley27/12/2019 14:27Fri Dec 27 14:27:32 2019In response to Re: HarrowTop of thread

Views: 1788

My first match report - And I wasn't even there!
Over the years I've brought you Poetry, Post Match Ballet References and let's not forget - Post FA Cup hand-care advice. What's next I hear you all shout in anticipation. What we need right now - A Ballad!
It's not often a cover version surpasses an original, but as I'm sure the lad's from the Mersey whom penned the original would agree - It's a classic!
Ladies and Gentlemen - I give you - Yesterday.

Yesterday
All our troubles seemed so far away
And now it looks as if there here to stay
Oh, I believed in Yesterday

Suddenly, We're not half the team we used to be
Harrow went with a flat back three
We couldn't cope with them tactically

Why Moore had to go - I don't know
He couldn't stay
Did he just say something wrong
Or did he just - Kick the ball away

Ay, Ay, Ay,

Yesterday.....

Football was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Next up it's Chesham New Year's Day

Why? Lee played one up front, I don't know why
He wouldn't say
Harrow, take home all the spoils, on what is known
As Boxing Day

Ay, Ay, Ay

Everybody...?

Copyright Lennon/McCartney

Edited by rwakeley at 14:29:26 on 27th December 2019

Previous thread: Different players, bad habits by John Rogers22/12/2019 13:03Sun Dec 22 13:03:57 2019view thread