Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Swindon supermatine v hfc by Rainham don17/11/2019 00:20Sun Nov 17 00:20:11 2019view thread

Interviews

By The Ancient One11/11/2019 12:28Mon Nov 11 12:28:16 2019

Views: 1895

The two latest interviews by both Lee Allinson and Simon are both so very positive. Lee sounds like a man up for a challenge, and knows just where he wants to take the team and just how he wants them to play. Simon once again demonstrates how committed he is to the club, and how lucky Hendon are to have his steadying hand. His contribution as chairman has and continues to be massive. Thank you Simon.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Interviews

By rwakeley14/11/2019 09:32Thu Nov 14 09:32:35 2019In response to InterviewsTop of thread

Views: 7556

I can only re-iterate what's already been said. The interviews cut through a lot of the recent bluff and encapsulate what has actually gone on. As for the here and now. I wanted to see us play the O's to garner some personal conclusions. I saw that as a potential clash similar to Billers pre-season, which anybody of whom bothers to digest anything I have posted, will no doubt be sick to death of my thoughts on our overall direction in terms of style. Regretably, it wasn't! They weren't upto much. You just can't get a good stonking defeat when you need one! Ironically, they did not play out from the back, they did work the ball however down Howie's flank which was probably the only similarity. That particular trait carried over from the Billers game, the likes of Weymouth and Poole being similar advocates. I want to see how the new manager incorporates that defensive cover role into the thought process. I think it's essential to challenge the very best. I don't think we are a million miles away - In that regard, I never did. As for traits, Swindon. I can see us either getting over-ran in the middle. I did think Ryan and Sergio played a well-organised shift. We clearly need some creative cohesion. But at least there was something. As for Swindon, last season, their finishing was abhorrent. Watched their recent vids. The amount of goals we have let in around the edge of our box and long-distance has been lamentable. Swindon rely, as do many in this division on long-distance shooting. It's a trait which should be dealt with. The way Thatcham dispatched of them in the FAT suggest's they themselves also suffer from the same curtailments. We could quite conceivably go there and get a result. I think they flatter to deceive.
As for the current staff, it's all up in the air a tad as one would expect. That lad from Hemel looks interesting, however long is participation - He reminds me of Zac Joseph!
Overall, Lee looks very promising, another rising star. We are a sleeping giant in this division. It's obvious. Immortality awaits for the lad of whom gets us promoted. Despite recent events, I look at this league and can't help thinking, regardless of the difficulties, we really should be right up there. My thoughts are back we're they were in August and getting rather predictable. I see no reason to go to Swindon expecting anything other than a decent performance. Then Tivvy at home, another interesting clash. A decent test of our credentials, at the very least putting our system under scrutiny. Interesting times.

By The Ancient One14/11/2019 17:37Thu Nov 14 17:37:41 2019In response to Re: InterviewsTop of thread

Views: 1615

Dear rwakeley, I think your remark that some of the former interviews contained a certain amount of Bluff rather ill judged. I feel sure that they were all given in good faith at the time and no attempt made to "Pull the Wool" over the fans eyes. I feel perhaps that your phraseology in this instance is at fault. Please keep your postings/thoughts coming through I, do enjoy them. The team is on the up!

By rwakeley14/11/2019 17:53Thu Nov 14 17:53:38 2019In response to Re: InterviewsTop of thread

Views: 1632

The term bluff was actually more referenced to assorted and varied comments heard on the terraces rather than anything denoted via the actual interviews. I actually thought everybody spoke extremely well on the interviews. Maybe I should have made that clearer. Onto Saturday.

Previous thread: Website by les skinner7/11/2019 16:37Thu Nov 7 16:37:15 2019view thread