Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Forumulating ideas by rwakeley26/8/2019 23:45Mon Aug 26 23:45:39 2019view thread

A Buddhist Style Rant

By rwakeley18/8/2019 00:03Sun Aug 18 00:03:33 2019

Views: 1772

Sat under at tree, searching for enlightenment - Good lad - Never solved a midfield crisis! Nice segue! These schizophrenic 45's. The fact I can type that this time of night. The lad Hope - serious problems. Totally bossed both first 45's Tuesday and today. Then goes completely absent second 45. This ain't no co-incidence. I think there's been a development from last season. Corks. What a 90min performance. And the Stones lad at centre-half. Second half, Hopey starts out in the centre - today in the second Corks and he were scrapping over the same balls, treading on eachothers toes. I'm not completely sold on Hopey out wide - but the lad has done so much - there has to be an acknowledgment that the midfield is possible better suited with Corks playing in tandem with Matty - I think it factors in. The shape immediately evapourates from the 46th min in most games.
We are crying out for a solution. Huge praise for the lads first 45. We are making significant strides forward. And the lad Hope, pivitol. I would imagine, he himself would be disappointed with his second 45's. It's not a critiscm of him - far from it, I seriously reckon we could be on the way to getting a solution to a very long-standing problem. Get the balance right, and I think any formation with those with the correct attributes in front can succeed. Part the process. Today lessons were clearly evident. That's a huge step forward. These lads are clearly motivated and enjoy playing - the supporters want them to reach their maximum potential.
A special group of lads. Respect.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A Buddhist Style Rant

By Deadman18/8/2019 08:40Sun Aug 18 08:40:36 2019In response to A Buddhist Style RantTop of thread

Views: 7972

We ran out of puff in the 2nd half after putting in maximum effort first half. That was to be expected after a full-on effort on Tuesday too but we needed to manage the game better in the 2nd half and keep possession. Credit must also go to Wimborne, who upped their game and deserved their point.

We're going to have to keep a lot of clean sheets, if we are to finish in the top half because we don't look full of goals, although some of the football has been good to watch.

We're not a bad side....just a bit thin on the ground.

Re: A Buddhist Style Rant

By John Rogers19/8/2019 11:23Mon Aug 19 11:23:20 2019In response to Re: A Buddhist Style RantTop of thread

Views: 1711

Pretty well agree with what I've seen written and said in various quarters.

Pleased we're still unbeaten and there seems to be a lot more structure and shape to the side so far this season. Hamblin and Corcoran not only know and perform their jobs superbly, they also talk younger lads through the game too.

I like the 4-4-2 more than the 4-3-3. It was noticeable after the substitution on Saturday that Luca and Kam were miles away from Connor when the ball went long rather than in and around him as Kam is when playing down the centre.

Only criticism, and it's nothing the management team won't be aware of, is the need to be more clinical in front of goal, especially when we're creating as many chances as we did first half Saturday.

Certainly reasons to be positive, just a little fine-tuning required.

Previous thread: Met Police by rwakeley14/8/2019 17:23Wed Aug 14 17:23:30 2019view thread