Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A Buddhist Style Rant by rwakeley18/8/2019 00:03Sun Aug 18 00:03:33 2019view thread

Met Police

By rwakeley14/8/2019 17:23Wed Aug 14 17:23:30 2019

Views: 1829

Enojoyed it! The Met trying to incorporate 7 new squad additions - Wimborne, up next 7 new starters last Saturday - no goals to date! Lot's to evaluate. The Met for me last night, unconventional style due to the new lad's in situe. One promising lad in the middle. One thing really being driven home in my mindset. Having watched several pre-season games and last night. It's our underlying flexiblity in being able to adapt to our opponents style. Billers, prime example, playing from the back. I thought we mirrored, (and objectively), exceeded them at it. Same, not so effective stance at St Ives. But again, mirrored. Last night, we incorporated their style and ran with it. Thought we bossed long passages of the game. Lacked something clinical up-front - game should have been ours. Kameron looks naturally in-tuned - the players are mentally. We have not yet a defined style. I think we can adapt to our opponents credentials and gain superiority regardless of their strengths. Even the apparent, back to the wall defending on Saturday. Exhibiting great, diverse array of necessary characteristics to gain points. I don't think it's too early to suggest we can extrapolate the positive components in these games to date and propose the notion we actually have the makings of an all-round decent side. Some old fashioned deployments. Pretty apparent this is going to evolve, but as an indication of what we can aspire to - There's issues, and some pretty glaring ones, but the positives are very evident. I think it's very encouraging. Onto Saturday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Met Police

By Deadman15/8/2019 10:38Thu Aug 15 10:38:09 2019In response to Met PoliceTop of thread

Views: 7318

Decent game against committed opposition.

We played a simple 4-4-2 and looked good for it. Calcutt got good support from English and visa-versa. That's a promising partnership with a mixture of pace and physicality. The goal was a perfect cross from English and a thumping header from Calcutt....enjoyed that one.

The squad looks thin though and we need a few more bodies in to get us through. I'm sure there is plenty going on behind the scenes.

By Paulinbushey15/8/2019 17:48Thu Aug 15 17:48:15 2019In response to Re: Met PoliceTop of thread

Views: 1755

Massive improvement on last season,looking more organized,needed the fox in the box.met where the best side I saw last season, I think we are up there,early days? Hope we can keep hold of cam,.Great first half, real positive performance..

By rwakeley15/8/2019 18:42Thu Aug 15 18:42:27 2019In response to Re: Met PoliceTop of thread

Views: 1794

Fiery over on TMS moments ago 'I can't have my best players covering up for the deficiencies of others' Agree with Deadman, as I usually do. Keep it simple. Addressing the problems will make us stronger. Balls into the box, difficult to contain - then stop the crosses. I've always been an advocate if each of the three cylinders up-front are not in situe reverse formation. I do think managers have a reluctance to do so. I've watched videos of the French Rugby Union side displaying their flair post Billericay. If again crossing sporting codes you have such potential in your locker - then use it! I would accuse us of trying to force our way through others, battering ram style. Playing around them, getting in our own crosses into the box. I think we are already demonstrating instances of an all-round game. I agree our squad needs embellishing. Regardless, I do think we have in situe the players capable of really making positions their own. Less modern flamboyance for traditional footballing simplicity extracting the all-round positive attributes from others inherant limitations. I can only really see us getting stronger, learning from mistakes as we go along. I think we have at the heart of this a very good manager and a more than decent set of lads. Taking more from every performance. All positive.

Previous thread: New Hendon FC Book - request for photos by David B12/8/2019 21:41Mon Aug 12 21:41:56 2019view thread