Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: I'm in the mood for ..... by Simon28/7/2019 17:59Sun Jul 28 17:59:05 2019view thread

Yep - All about Tingey!

By rwakeley21/7/2019 01:04Sun Jul 21 01:04:55 2019

Views: 1941

The lad has graduated. I thought he may have done this time last season - but alas! I think the lad has the distribution eqivilent of the Staines lad in their promotion night 4-0 win. A'la Tommy Brewer. First 20, he owned it. See our goal,. Friendly aside, holy mother of god what a pass from that domain for our goal. The goals we
let in vs Weymouth for me typify what we need to address. Zubor out wide, winger roamed unchallenged onto our box - two warnings before two identical goals. The lad Tingey this season can reverse that to our adavantage.
Fully expect the gaffer to go three up front. I have profound misgivings. Wide midfield today - same pattern as last season. First 20 second half, the lad Hope never touched the ball. Game becomes stretched, - the distribution ala Tingey could concievably enable Connor to get in the box. Not sure the conventional wisdom prevails. I re-iterate, I think the lad Luke is looking dominate - we cannot have another campaign where the old failings remain un-resolved. I do like the look of the lad confronting Sprague. The gaps between the lads wide and those at the back enable sides to play neat passing triangles through us. We have to consider alternatives.
Going long in the second half down the channels vs midfield subterfuge is the premise of our encounters was the orchestration of the last campaign - we need to overcome this obstacle.

Edited by rwakeley at 01:06:00 on 21st July 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Yep - All about Tingey!

By Dessie21/7/2019 06:44Sun Jul 21 06:44:36 2019In response to Yep - All about Tingey!Top of thread

Views: 34099

Oh how I?ve missed these Sunday morning missives!

Re: Yep - All about Tingey!

By dw21/7/2019 17:31Sun Jul 21 17:31:10 2019In response to Re: Yep - All about Tingey!Top of thread

Views: 1883

Agreed. I may be in Hungary, but it is just as if I have seen the entire match, albeit a little bit confused. Thanks Rob as ever.

Billericay

By rwakeley24/7/2019 19:50Wed Jul 24 19:50:46 2019In response to Re: Yep - All about Tingey!Top of thread

Views: 1838

Really enjoyed last night - engaging. Thought both sides mirrored eachother. I thought last night was transformational. Increasing emphasis on incorporating the back-line. It reminded me of a vintage French Rugby Union side - boarderline arrogance. What really hit home was how quickly we seemed to incorporate the style of play. I've never seen a Hendon team play with that French style flair. Moreover, I thought there were spells where we looked more composed on the ball - the odd break-down or misled pass - your going to get that - but the potential!- I thought their midfield combination were instinctively direct, their only intention - in comparrison we looked measured, content in the re-assurance that we would regain possession and go again.
Without sounding derogatory, I wasn't convinced we had that depth. The lad up-front, showing signs of composure. It far exceeded my expectations. There's real hidden talent in this crew. Credit to the players on a very difficult night - they can only get better the more they buy into it. Must be enjoyable.
Huge credit to James and his staff, there's a lot of work clearly being input. Fair to say, based on last night, the lad has his feet under the table. I think this lad may well have a plan. Irrespective of staff, budgets and the like, get organised and as light night showed, it's a great leveller. Great for morale, the fans included. Insightful.
Very well done.

Goals from Billericay friendly

By johnnybaker26/7/2019 09:18Fri Jul 26 09:18:06 2019In response to BillericayTop of thread

Views: 1858

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIfIXojI-Pg

Previous thread: Volunteers by Simon22/7/2019 11:13Mon Jul 22 11:13:55 2019view thread