Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Greetings message from Elliott Brathwaite by David B2/4/2019 17:04Tue Apr 2 17:04:04 2019view thread

Huge afternoon

By embee30/3/2019 16:55Sat Mar 30 16:55:44 2019

Views: 1991

Spent the afternoon listening to the Poole Commentary and what a fantastic win, even if the game doesn't sound like one for the football purists.
With Gosport and Frome losing in the last minutes, and our superior goal difference I'm feeling much more positive than I was half an hour ago.
Time to go again boys, one more win will probably see us safe but a decent run could easily take us to the top half.
Well done.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Huge afternoon

By rwakeley30/3/2019 17:33Sat Mar 30 17:33:53 2019In response to Huge afternoon Top of thread

Views: 20136

Wow! We needed that. Totally stoked for everyone. The players, travelling contingent - most of all the gaffer.
We've no doubt had to dig deep and stick to our game-plan on the day. Great response from last time out. Hopefully, we can finish the season with some momentum and carry it into next season. The overriding sense of relief is tangible. Right, I'm off for a night out! Very well done.

By John Rogers30/3/2019 21:53Sat Mar 30 21:53:44 2019In response to Re: Huge afternoon Top of thread

Views: 1945

Clean sheets win prizes. Or points.

Well done everyone! Especially those that have copped some flack in the past week.

Bayley at centre half again? The boy can do a job there.

Seven clear of the drop with five to play, I reckon another win will secure it. Saturday would be brilliant.

By rwakeley31/3/2019 02:06Sun Mar 31 02:06:51 2019In response to Re: Huge afternoon Top of thread

Views: 1923

I read one or two inane comments on social media last week. Let's put the record straight. I saw at first hand the facial expression of our manager as he left the field last week. Simialr to many - including myself. That's the first time in a decade I've expressed my concern. That was by no means a judgement of my thoughts towards his capabilities., Regardless of what manifests. This season, arguably the toughest gig imaginable. A change of environment not-withstanding. An entire new squad required - a leading goalscorer lost - the number one centre-half gone for the season. Constant injuries at centre-half. I think this lad deserves a commendation. I worry, externally, the restrictions we can recruit in this division and comparisons with the Bostick remain a fixation in my own thought process. That aside, I think this young man has been honest and shown great fortitude in ubelievable conditions. It's been a tough gig - let's see what he can do for a couple of years. I will say something - his initial squad - I was personally unfamiliar with most of the aquisitions. I think there's an eclectic component. He's being tested as a manager. It feels in formulation mode. I think the lad has solid potential.

By Dessie31/3/2019 02:46Sun Mar 31 02:46:40 2019In response to Re: Huge afternoon Top of thread

Views: 1924

Great result from a rather poor game. First half was possibly the most uneventful 45 minutes of the season. Conor had one shot saved at the near post, our tactics were to contain. Poole, for a team in 6th place, were trash, confirming my personal view that the standard in this division is very low.

Poole had a big claim for a goal on about 60 but it must have been cleared off the line by somebody. After a few frustrating games Shaq was on form and their left back was in trouble throughout. A nice run inside beating 2 or 3 and he fed Ryan who put a sweet left foot shot into the right corner. Then in injury time Ogo placed a beautiful free kick and we were home and dry.

Shout out to the ref who was a very confident idiot. At one point he gave us a corner when the lino was perfectly in place to judge whether the ball was out or not and made no signal. Then towards the end he spent 2-3 minutes in conference with same lino after missing a blatant foul on Lewis Toomey.

Anyways we are looking safe ?

By Simon31/3/2019 09:10Sun Mar 31 09:10:56 2019In response to Re: Huge afternoon Top of thread

Views: 1939

Lee Chappell gets the credit for the goal line clearance but as to which side of the line the ball was on when he cleared it .....

Edited by Simon at 09:11:14 on 31st March 2019

By Whispering Minotaur31/3/2019 19:36Sun Mar 31 19:36:59 2019In response to Re: Huge afternoon Top of thread

Views: 1844

Lovely result - must have been a very relieved bunch of people on the Dorset coast after the game - was great to see those goals pop up on FootballWebPages.

Take on board James Gray's comments about critics - really will try and be able to stay and have a chat with him before the end of the season.

One more win will be enough in my view - suspect 47 may well be enough, but would like to be sure.

See you all next weekend.

By rwakeley1/4/2019 11:27Mon Apr 1 11:27:42 2019In response to Re: Huge afternoon Top of thread

Views: 1808

Just watched the highlights - Looks like a really solid all-round effort. They look a second derivative of Weymouth. Strong physical presence. Their broadcast be-moaning their quality of delivery. Nice to see Shaq involved in the build-up to the opening goal. I do think he had gone off the boil of late. Great defending by Chaps on the line. My main take was the players we had in their box and up in support and the performance in the middle of the park. On radio, it sounded as if Hammond played a blinder. Just before our first, I thought their claims for a pen looked intresting. The free-kick - worthy of the admission price alone.
A candidate for the best performance of the season - Many playing for a slot in the squad for next season - The overriding opinion from a Poole stand-point appears to be negative on Hendon - I would suggest on that evidence, we looked liked the play-off candidate - What a lift that has given everybody. More of the same!

Previous thread: Poole 0 Hendon 2 Highlights by johnnybaker31/3/2019 21:05Sun Mar 31 21:05:48 2019view thread