Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Not Happy by lesskinner17/3/2019 16:43Sun Mar 17 16:43:13 2019view thread

Dorchester....

By embee13/3/2019 11:33Wed Mar 13 11:33:39 2019

Views: 2069

Put 7 past Merthyr in Wales last night.
It's starting to look very tight at the bottom.
Hopefully we can do the business at Staines on Saturday and then get a couple more decent results at home.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Dorchester....

By John Rogers13/3/2019 15:23Wed Mar 13 15:23:10 2019In response to Dorchester.... Top of thread

Views: 1985

Indeed.

Some very big games ahead. It looks as though Frome are likely to join Staines in going down, but we need to be 100% focused on what we do and not spend time worrying about others.

Saturday is a must win, the attitude has to be absolutely spot on otherwise we'll come a cropper. Some goals from somewhere would be useful too.

I still firmly believe we can stay up, it's in our hands, we have the quality. Down to those on the field now.

By rwakeley13/3/2019 16:44Wed Mar 13 16:44:57 2019In response to Re: Dorchester.... Top of thread

Views: 1982

Past relegation dog-fights my thoughts have been on the oppositions and our own SWOT kinda stuff. This feels different to me in some-much-as, I think our problems have been underpinned by the stats. My take-away on this season across most leagues/cup games has placed onus on the team scoring first. Overwhelmingly, the sides scoring first have gone on to do draw/win. Hendon have been the exception.
In 34 league games we've taken the lead a very impressive 21 times - more than any other team. 71% of the games at SJP and yet we have such a mediocre home record. I've sought to think in recent games the lad Hope has been indicative of our problems - I do think we have tended to start the 2nd 45 in a far deeper, more fragmented way. Getting stretched, resorting to going long. No team in the league has scored a higher percentage of their goals in the first half, (nearly 60%), than Hendon. Our style of play is clearly at odds with that of most sides in this division. Home game v Weymouth, I thought we looked more in common with them than that of many of the sides we frequently play. At least in terms of a blue-print That's a thought to be carried over into next season. No acqusations surrounding the level of commitment. They've worked exceptionally hard - we need to put this issue to bed as quickly as possible - starting at Staines.

By dw16/3/2019 00:16Sat Mar 16 00:16:19 2019In response to Re: Dorchester.... Top of thread

Views: 1849

Tomorrow is a must win. That?s obvious. Goals could also be crucial, as this is an unprecedented relegation fight in terms of tightness in my experience. Farnborough, in 8th place, are not clear of relegation worries - truly bizarre, but that?s the arithmetical reality! It?s significant that James has spotted the need to bolster the defence with recent signings. This could be crucial.

Good luck! I am still confident that the management and players will pull us through!

By rwakeley16/3/2019 07:01Sat Mar 16 07:01:27 2019In response to Re: Dorchester.... Top of thread

Views: 1916

Just about to set off... I found this weeks additions very interesting. If undertaken as a contingency then fine. I get worried gettting players in this stage of the season with regards to their impact and I have to say I question more as to why they are in the market-place to begin with. I saw the lad JJ and thought Liverpool's finest. However, his last full ninety was in a 9-1 loss for Harlow at Worthing. Partnered by one Curtis Ujah. These players have very short life-spans at a lot of clubs which for me is a red flag. Might go some way as to shedding light on Harlow's predicament. I'm not knocking the lad - he may well be out of this world. I'm more worried if the gaffer has done this with regards to any lack of faith in the current crop. Either way, we are at the stage of the season where mistakes are extremely costly. There has to be an element of inherant risk incorporating any new blood so late in the campaign. I expect Hendon to win comfortably today - anything less would be a 'massive' blow! Get the job done and move on.

Re: Dorchester/Staines

By Deadman14/3/2019 10:01Thu Mar 14 10:01:13 2019In response to Re: Dorchester.... Top of thread

Views: 51214

The way things are looking, I'd settle for a turgid 1-0 win at Staines on Saturday. Obviously the aim would be to win heavily and boost our GD but I don't think we're in a position to take anything for granted. The sensible part of me, also thinks it will be hard for Staines to win two on the bounce. 0-0 anyone?

Re: Dorchester/Staines

By Mike Cox14/3/2019 19:27Thu Mar 14 19:27:30 2019In response to Re: Dorchester/StainesTop of thread

Views: 1951

Hendon have not won 2 league games on the bounce since last October so we can't get complacent. So get stuck in Greens and show the spirit and determination that has been sadly lacking this season. COYG

Previous thread: Weymouth by The Ancient One12/3/2019 15:29Tue Mar 12 15:29:02 2019view thread