Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Wealdstone-esque by rwakeley14/10/2018 00:55Sun Oct 14 00:55:32 2018view thread

No complaints

By rwakeley10/10/2018 21:59Wed Oct 10 21:59:09 2018

Views: 2366

Sometimes you get beaten by a better side - a fact of football life. All part of these lad's development. What, if any conclusions, can be drawn, that's for those present to evaluate. Hope the lads aren't too down, the bigger picture is our league aspirations. Second in the form guide and the most clean sheets in the league. Congratulations to Chippenham and Taunton on their respective results tonight. That's cup football. We'll be back. These lads should be damn proud of their efforts to date. Expecting another challenging game Saturday. Bounce back with a result Saturday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: No complaints

By Deadman11/10/2018 10:18Thu Oct 11 10:18:08 2018In response to No complaints Top of thread

Views: 9039

We got blown away last night. From the off we didn't really look up for it and needed a miraculous escape before they scored.

To be fair, Chippenham did adapt to the very odd pitch much better then us (puffs of dust coming up which held the ball up a few times) but overall they were the much quicker/sharper team and we couldn't cope with their centre forward.

We looked marginally better when we played two up front and moved the skipper into midfield but Chippenham made a steady stream of chances right up until the final whistle. In the end, you could say that 4-1 flattered us a bit.

But, we've had 5 games in the cup, made a few quid in prize money and ticked off two new grounds. Overall it was better than last season!

Edited by Deadman at 10:19:18 on 11th October 2018

By SteveHFC11/10/2018 13:30Thu Oct 11 13:30:25 2018In response to Re: No complaints Top of thread

Views: 2100

I did wonder whether perhaps this might just be a game too far, especially given our opposition are in the higher reaches of the division above. From the various comments I've seen around social media, it sounds like the result was a fair one on the night, and I'm sure Jimmy and the squad will have learnt some lessons for this.

As Deadman says, it was a better run than last season, and there's no reason from what I've seen so far that we can't have a real good go at the league.

On a separate note, apologies to anyone who got confused by the fact we had two games running at the same time on FootballWebPages last night. Harrow were running it for the U23 game at SJP, whilst our wonderfully amazing club chairman was running it for us at Chippenham. Unfortunately you can't specify age groups or anything on FWP to try and help avoid confusion.

We are still on the lookout for more volunteers to run the live updates on matchdays - partly to spread the load, and also to hopefully ensure we are able to cover every game this season especially as we're having to do it home and away. If you are interested in finding out more - and it is at least a job that requires you not to miss any of the game - please come and speak to me on a matchday and I can show you what is involved.

By dw11/10/2018 23:16Thu Oct 11 23:16:08 2018In response to Re: No complaints Top of thread

Views: 2112

This FA Cup round and the 2nd qualifying round has thrown up astonishing similarities with St Albans? predicament. We were both messed around with circumstances totally beyond our control, ending up not just with replays after games that should have been won but also 3rd Qualifying games in the West Country on the same evening, arguably St Albans succumbing less favourably than Hendon by losing to lower rather than higher opposition. Let?s hope that assessments of players? eligibility for FA cup matches is proved more promptly in future.

By embee11/10/2018 09:51Thu Oct 11 09:51:33 2018In response to No complaints Top of thread

Views: 2175

My only complaint is that they can't count past 402 in Chippenham. Looked more like 6 or 7 something to me.....

Previous thread: Malcolm & Cressida Wright-Pratt by Morgs9/10/2018 18:33Tue Oct 9 18:33:59 2018view thread