Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kebabgate is back with a vengance! by rwakeley5/7/2018 11:09Thu Jul 5 11:09:55 2018view thread

H&R should just move to SJP

By PF26/6/2018 11:04Tue Jun 26 11:04:50 2018

Views: 2625

Is it Hendon and Richmond? Got all our players so might as well play here so we can still see 'our' team in action! Lol!

Actually being a 2 year newcomer to the club, I'm not so nostalgic for the club being ripped apart as some call it. I'm happy to see a totally new side in a new league. Should be interesting anyway to see some new players and how they'll play and whether there's a new system. We've been quite a nimble and slightly lightweight passing team. I get the feeling with the new gaffer being a Yorkshireman, the new team will be in the style of a 70s Leeds. A bit meaner, a bit uglier but still trying to play football. That's what I'm thinking about with the new signings being mostly very experienced mixed with youthful aggression.

So who exactly is still left from last year? Surprised Sam Murphy hasn't gone somewhere.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: H&R should just move to SJP

By rwakeley26/6/2018 12:06Tue Jun 26 12:06:37 2018In response to H&R should just move to SJPTop of thread

Views: 9277

I agree - I do think this is an opportunity to consolidate. Pretty sure the gaffer will over time formulate his own style in his own image. I do believe the team needed to change. The characteristics of this division will be different. Mentally and physically strong is my line of thought, and moreover the formation.
I've never liked three up-front. I believe there's gaps in behind, the likes of short-passing triangle sides have caused the most problems - Met Police, showed up pre-season against the likes of Carshalton. The players of that particular type have limited defensive abilities. Right and left backs exposed, the flanks become a problem. It worked fantastically well, but against higher level, more experienced players, your isolated. Can the same formation work? Certainly at this level, but the Play-off final, looked akin to David versus Goliath. Maybe we need to get a bit more 'Wealdstone'. A few seasoned (non-pensionable), campaigners.

Re: H&R should just move to SJP

By Mike Cox26/6/2018 15:24Tue Jun 26 15:24:22 2018In response to Re: H&R should just move to SJPTop of thread

Views: 2483

To paraphrase Gary McCann - "we WERE all in this together."

New recruits

By rwakeley30/6/2018 16:47Sat Jun 30 16:47:15 2018In response to Re: H&R should just move to SJPTop of thread

Views: 2383

Arthur's situation resolved. Despite anything that's gone before, hopefully, a beneficial move for all parties. Watching the football at home, cast the eye over our latest addition - the keeper looks a solid lad. Good reputation. Good age, plenty of games under his belt. The template for a good foundation. Don't know how many setbacks this new gaffer has come up against in his re-building but I like his business to date. Having mentioned Tonbridge through-out last season and thinking we needed something of their ilk and they how they would like our pace - I do think the likes of Tonbridge and Margate would fare well in the Southern and I maintain their midfields are along the route we need to go down. My thoughts keep drifting to the cup game at Dorchester a few years back.
Quietly confident.

Arthur Lee

By embee30/6/2018 20:07Sat Jun 30 20:07:47 2018In response to New recruitsTop of thread

Views: 2437

Good luck Arthur and all the best for the future. Gave absolutely 100% every match, as I'm sure Billy Bricknell remembers from when he came off second best at SJP in 2017.

Previous thread: Hampton Season Ticket Discount by rwakeley25/6/2018 12:27Mon Jun 25 12:27:58 2018view thread