Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: H&R should just move to SJP by PF26/6/2018 11:04Tue Jun 26 11:04:50 2018view thread

Hampton Season Ticket Discount

By rwakeley25/6/2018 12:27Mon Jun 25 12:27:58 2018

Views: 2612

To be fair we have build their side. At least we are going to gain some insight as to how we may have faired had we gone up. Should Hampton struggle, the accusations are going to be pretty obvious. I don't what that says from Gary's perspective. Its a vote of faith - as to whether it stands scrutiny only time will tell. Maybe budget related?
3 weeks from the first friendly - we can't have been in this position before - needing a complete player injection of this magnitude. I can't recall any side at this level requiring such an overall...
I'm thinking Personal Ads
Wanted - Midfielder - Excellent ball skills... Should garner some interesting responses.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Twice before at Hendon that I can recall

By David B26/6/2018 12:46Tue Jun 26 12:46:05 2018In response to Hampton Season Ticket DiscountTop of thread

Views: 16572

We didn?t even know if we had a team or a club in the summer of 1994. Ivor Arbiter agreed to take over the club on the day before the season started and we registered, at lunchtime or later, all the players who appeared against newly-relegated Slough Town at Wexham Park on that August day. The 2?2 draw that afternoon was one of the finest days I have had as a Hendon fan. Yes, we had played preseason friendlies ? and won almost all of them ? but all the players who turned out were doing it as a favour to manager Mick Browne because if things had gone differently they would have started the season without a club to play for.

Fast forward to 2004, and after Dave Anderson had departed with 12 other men to go to AFC Wimbledon (three were backroom staff). Tony Choules came in on 8 June and then set about signing a team.

The big difference this time is that in 1994, Mick Browne brought almost all his players from Malden Vale and in 2004, the squad moved mainly from Northwood with Choules and Gary Farrell.

Re: Hampton Season Ticket Discount

By Rainham don25/6/2018 12:54Mon Jun 25 12:54:13 2018In response to Hampton Season Ticket DiscountTop of thread

Views: 2551

Name change to Hampton and Hendon Borough.Afraid to go on here at the moment in case they take anyone or anything else.As has been said we will be welcoming a brand new squad I hope we will be able to assemble a competitive one but we don't have much time.Hope the fans give the management team time.I suppose we shouldn't really complain as all the leavers have gone upwards,just a pity that our successful season has come to bite us on the a***e and leave us in the mire.Wonder how the Hampton fans feel about this.

By Claremont Man25/6/2018 13:32Mon Jun 25 13:32:07 2018In response to Re: Hampton Season Ticket DiscountTop of thread

Views: 2462

Whilst it is disappointing to see our team torn apart,as others have said at least all of them have moved up a level or more.What we must remember is that we probably would have been unable to match what they are being paid elsewhere.To do so would almost certainly have been beyond our financial limits and would have been unwise for the future of our club.Who knows what the new season will bring for us,but the important thing is that we will have a club to support and hopefully always will.

By ChrisHFC25/6/2018 14:22Mon Jun 25 14:22:32 2018In response to Re: Hampton Season Ticket DiscountTop of thread

Views: 2509

Keagan Cole and Matt Ball have remained at step 3 (our level) with Potters Bar Town and Biggleswade Town respectively.

As Corporal Jones would say...

By Morgs25/6/2018 22:49Mon Jun 25 22:49:45 2018In response to Re: Hampton Season Ticket DiscountTop of thread

Views: 2413

Strewth!
There are still six weeks to go before the opening game.
Lots of players will be in Magaluf, Ayia Napa or Temple Bar on p*** ups and will take time to decide where they'll be next season.
Upheaval was to be expected, whether or not Mr. McCann & Co. departed.
The new manager has fair connections and some knowledge of the Southern Premier... which does not look a strong league. If Weymouth don't hack-up, questions should be asked on Portland Bill.
Some years ago, I resided in a town where the local club suffered a seemingly catastrophic relegation. They held their budget at the lower level but narrowly failed to get back up.
Cue budget cuts and mass exodus. Including the manager.
Six players turned up on the first day of pre-season. Including a thug of a #9, who once served a lengthy ban for attempting to strangle a ref in a youth game and who still holds the record for being sent off most times in the Football League (13) and possibly for red cards in a senior career (22!).
Said thug was appointed manager. 10 months later, title and principal knock-out competition had been won.
Don't panic.

Edited by Morgs at 22:50:35 on 25th June 2018

Re: As Corporal Jones would say...

By rwakeley26/6/2018 10:55Tue Jun 26 10:55:38 2018In response to As Corporal Jones would say...Top of thread

Views: 2282

I can't get my head around this - Wealdstone have arranged a friendly for THIS Saturday! Bracknell Town away, for anybody in need of a football fix. Play-offs finish in May and friendlies in June - This is utter insanity, I watched top flight non league back in my youth - one public pre-season game - an annual punch up with Shrewsbury Town down the road for the Senior Cup.
I actually believe it's to the detriment and counter-productive to have such a long drawn out implementation phase. I utterly dispair at the over saturation of all the competitions. The authorities have destroyed cup competitions, given preferences to the top earners and it filters down to our level. I think its reflective of our society with a constant need for a instant gratification. Shame no-one can learn to defend properly. All the pontificating surrounding every decision - the introduction of VAR is the icing on the cake. Don't even get me started on Test Cricket. Footballers can't defend and batsmen can't stay at a crease for longer than an hour.
It's diluting the standards - I want old fashioned stuff - today is just rubbish by comparison.

Previous thread: Another former Hendon player at the World Cup by David B22/6/2018 18:22Fri Jun 22 18:22:35 2018view thread