Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Online tickets by PF8/8/2018 16:50Wed Aug 8 16:50:20 2018view thread

Niko Muir

By Mike Cox21/6/2018 12:43Thu Jun 21 12:43:01 2018

Views: 2795

No surprise there - good luck Niko.
Why so coy about fee?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Niko Muir

By ChrisHFC21/6/2018 13:06Thu Jun 21 13:06:08 2018In response to Niko MuirTop of thread

Views: 2738

Niko moving on is not a surprise, but I suspect the club who have signed him may be.

"Why so coy about the fee?" There may be a gentleman's or written agreement between ourselves and Hartlepool that neither club will disclose the fee, or alternatively the board may have very good reasons for not disclosing it.

By rwakeley21/6/2018 15:31Thu Jun 21 15:31:03 2018In response to Re: Niko MuirTop of thread

Views: 2627

I've been fascinated to see where our forwards from the last campaign have gone. Two in the League. Not being a kiljoy but that's one very large jump. How many of these moves prove to be effective remains to be seen. I'm somewhat skeptical in some cases. Tom for me was the best keeper in the Bostik last season - laughed out loud at the Billericay chap getting the nod. He looked like he needed to go on a diet. I think the lad Rian has the makings, just a tad right now below where Charlie Goode was.
The fee, I would imagine would be negligible, based on common sense. Hartlepool are skint and are in reality taking a bit of a punt. Any disclosure of the fee would probably be interpreted as derisory in some circles. Hendon standpoint, they need and warrant what they can get. Hopefully, there maybe something for the new management. Hendon aren't going to stand in the lad's way and so anything gained is comparable to a goodwill payment.
Ironically, I don't know if the likes of Tom and Rian are on contracts, but they could quite logically fetch a better premium dependent with whom your doing business with. Should Niko do well, I would imagine he may move on quite quickly again as this would be seen as passing a higher test. A selling on cluase may produce something in the future.
Good luck to the lad.

Edited by rwakeley at 15:32:20 on 21st June 2018

By Rainham don21/6/2018 15:22Thu Jun 21 15:22:51 2018In response to Re: Niko MuirTop of thread

Views: 2614

Wow that's a long way from London.Good luck Niko.

By embee21/6/2018 15:52Thu Jun 21 15:52:05 2018In response to Re: Niko MuirTop of thread

Views: 2637

I wonder if as many of his mates will turn out regularly to watch him play there?
Good luck Niko and thanks for e everything.

Re: Niko Muir - So much for confidentiality

By rwakeley21/6/2018 18:28Thu Jun 21 18:28:13 2018In response to Re: Niko MuirTop of thread

Views: 2795

The Pool gaffer just disclosed the fee in an interview - if that goes against convention - either way - you gotta smile! Probably fair value - my take away is that we as a club were actually in a position to undertake such position in the first place.
Just listened to Roy Keane on the television praise Zico - my fave player of all time - the Flamengo shirt last season. What is he now 70? I'd sign him! From Niko to Zico - love it! That guy could head, trap, overhead, round a keeper, everything. Talking of forwards, the lad Melvin. Clearly short-term. Interesting to see the full squad. I like the look of our gaffers C.V. Played up North, extensive involvement across the South. I think we will see a side in his guize. Hard working. I'm being drawn to Margate as a comparison. U-23's doing well. Even Marvin, down the middle, holding the ball up or pushed out wide a la Chiedozie. Interesting to see how it starts out.
The gaffers got his work cut out getting us up and running. He may well prove to be our actual best signing.

Re: Niko Muir - So much for confidentiality

By dw22/6/2018 00:22Fri Jun 22 00:22:21 2018In response to Re: Niko Muir - So much for confidentialityTop of thread

Views: 2628

Even if the fee is modest in football terms, the good news is that unlike the very sad and unprofessional handling of the Iain Dowie transfer, this time around the club will have certainly ensured percentage cuts of any future profit to Hartlepool should Niko move on to say Sunderland, Newcastle or Middlesbrough! Who knows, but time is on Niko?s side, and l would simply wish Niko all the best and hope that he can continue to display his amazing skills to all who may have the privilege of watching him play.

Re: on another note... the man scored last night..

By PF8/8/2018 16:57Wed Aug 8 16:57:31 2018In response to Re: Niko Muir - So much for confidentialityTop of thread

Views: 9472

Typical poacher's goal from 3 yards. First of at least 20 is my guess. Failed to win though the Pool. They may be Hendon in disguise. Score plenty and let in loads lol!

Re: on another note... the man scored last night..

By SteveHFC8/8/2018 17:52Wed Aug 8 17:52:15 2018In response to Re: on another note... the man scored last night..Top of thread

Views: 2226

Delighted he's got on the scoresheet nice and early in the season - hopefully there are many more to come. I think many of us will be following his progress (as well as Josh at Barnet, and Ash at Crawley).

Previous thread: Josh Walker by Hail Hail14/7/2018 11:02Sat Jul 14 11:02:44 2018view thread