Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Keagan Cole by Rainham don17/6/2018 00:02Sun Jun 17 00:02:45 2018view thread

So 9 players have left..

By PF14/6/2018 15:36Thu Jun 14 15:36:24 2018

Views: 2897

..but star play Niko is still here. Weird. I would have thought he'd have been the first to pack his bags. Either to Hampton or to someone like Boreham Wood at NL level if not the pro ranks like Ash Nat-Geo.

Anyway I was just wondering what sort of players might come in? Probably a few ex St Albans. I'd like to see a 32-33 year old ex pro (who can still run lol) come to the club. Take a player off Barnet or something like that. Take a Wood reject. Experience will be more beneficial than going the youth route IMO.

Personally I know everyone loves Tom Lovelock but a big keeper would be nice even though Tom is great if he stays. We need a midfield enforcer now Dave and Casey are gone. We need a tough guy who takes no shit in the middle. If somehow Nike stays then he'll need a foil to play off of. Oh and we'll need a partner for Arthur. A dirty great, rotten big 'un haha.

Hey Mr Gray are you reading this matey? Get it sorted bro.

or just let me be the manager damn it! haha! I know what I'm doing...... :-P

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: So 9 players have left..

By rwakeley14/6/2018 17:53Thu Jun 14 17:53:16 2018In response to So 9 players have left..Top of thread

Views: 2997

I welcome a clear-out. I support the view we need to be more difficult to beat and adjust our style to suit our opponent's strengths. I think we need to exert our dominance physically more than the dynamic approach. With regards to the squad, a couple of solid lads with experience would be a pre-requisite. Beyond that, the Gaffers preferred formation should be cut accordingly. Once the foundation is up and running assess from there.
Despite the upheaval, a blank sheet of paper maybe a better proposition than that of trying to tweak things around existing assets, some of whom would invariably fall out of favour further down the line.
By all accounts, the Gaffer was somewhat combative in his playing style. Probably shows through in his thoughts as a coach.
Looking forward to it.

By ChrisHFC14/6/2018 22:52Thu Jun 14 22:52:31 2018In response to Re: So 9 players have left..Top of thread

Views: 2630

It's actually 11 players from last season that we know have left so far.

8 have stepped up to National League South - 6 with Hampton & Richmond Borough and 2 with St Albans City, Ash has stepped up to League Two with Crawley, Matt Ball has moved sideways to Biggleswade Town, and U-18 player and occasional first team player Malachy McGovern has apparantly gone to the USA for four years; I assume, but don't know for sure, to university there.

The chances are that squad players such as Channing Campbell-Young, Leo Pedro, et alia have also moved on; in previous years we tended not to announce the departure of such players close-season.

By embee15/6/2018 15:35Fri Jun 15 15:35:06 2018In response to Re: So 9 players have left..Top of thread

Views: 2674

I think Malachy has gone on an athlete scholarship to the States. One of the conditions of such a scholarship is that your sporting career so far has been completely unpaid, no worry for a youth player on our budget, but something that stands in the way of lots of released 18 year olds from Pro clubs.
Best of luck Malachy, enjoy the once in a lifetime opportunity.

Previous thread: Play-off Rant by rwakeley14/6/2018 11:52Thu Jun 14 11:52:20 2018view thread