Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: next season by Rainham don10/6/2018 01:06Sun Jun 10 01:06:43 2018view thread

Hampton's Dawn Raid

By rwakeley8/6/2018 09:44Fri Jun 8 09:44:43 2018

Views: 2443

No surprise that players continue to move around. I am surprised the personnel that Gary has taken. Maybe he hasn't finished his business yet. Who knows? If that is the conclusion of Hampton's involvement - I'm not sure what to make of that from their perspective. Interesting to see their subsequent level of involvement. Not being remotely disrespectful, but I would have thought Niko, Rian, Arthur, Murphs and Tom would have been prime real estate candidates. I would personally love it if any of the forementioned would be around come August, but equally I'm not holding my breath.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hampton's Dawn Raid

By John Rogers9/6/2018 08:57Sat Jun 9 08:57:36 2018In response to Hampton's Dawn RaidTop of thread

Views: 2503

I was expecting around half a dozen of last season's squad to have been announced yesterday by Hampton and the one name I got right was Olly.

I'm not surprised at the others he's picked up, each one is more than capable of excelling at the level above. I suspect there is more to come from Gary, what he's given himself there is a pretty good foundation mixed in with whoever from last season's squad at Hampton stays around, with I would imagine some attacking players to come.

This season

By rwakeley9/6/2018 11:53Sat Jun 9 11:53:22 2018In response to Re: Hampton's Dawn RaidTop of thread

Views: 2284

With regards to the forwards I'm interested with where the young lads on the flanks end up. That brings in the question with regards to styles of play. I've had a long-standing issue with the formation. Those lads, Ash and Zac were clearly instrumental in our Blitzkrieg demolitions last time out, but I have issues with it's effectiveness against higher standard defending - as demonstrated at Sutton, Dulwich ext.
I think this brings into question the new management's ideology in style. The ex-Stones, Bartlett apprenticeship I find interesting. A couple of years ago I typed on here something about Wealdstone's DNA being 'agricultural'
which was copied, pasted onto their forum, completely mis-understood and torn to shreds. I was actually paying them a compliment. The likes of Mckimm down at Tonbridge, I would imagine gets flack from fans wanting more of we had last season. And that's the dichotomy for me. As for the Stonesnet Forum, towards the end of last season, they were all debating how 'agricultural' they were. Ironic. I do personally maintain we need to be physically stronger in comparison to the last campaign.
As for Wimborne, I've been humming The lion sleep's tonight all ruddy morning - Wimba, Wimba, Wimba, Wimba Wimborne away! Can't get the bloody tune out my head!

Re: This season

By embee9/6/2018 12:45Sat Jun 9 12:45:44 2018In response to This seasonTop of thread

Views: 2209

I'm sure I read somewhere (no idea where and can't find it now I look!) that a handful of the younger squad members are at Jamie Vardy's summer camp.
With this in mind I think it's understandable why there's been no news about some of the younger ones (Jake excepted) since they're all putting themselves in the shop window as it were.
I think we're all agreed Niko is likely to step up possibly higher than the National League South. If the opportunity arises for any of them then good luck and thanks for an amazing season..... But if anyone does want to stay then please sign on the dotted line!

Re: This season

By ChrisHFC9/6/2018 14:08Sat Jun 9 14:08:15 2018In response to Re: This seasonTop of thread

Views: 2257

The original announcement was in the Non-League Paper about 4-5 weeks ago, when all the players concerned were named. We had Rian, Keagan, Josh, and Ashley due to take part - whether all four have taken part and whether any of the four is signed by another club as a result, remains to be seen.

Edited by ChrisHFC at 14:09:06 on 9th June 2018

Previous thread: big Dave and Tingey by Rainham don6/6/2018 22:17Wed Jun 6 22:17:18 2018view thread