Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Some Stats For the Current Season by PF29/12/2017 15:31Fri Dec 29 15:31:53 2017view thread

We're on a mission

By rwakeley26/12/2017 15:05Tue Dec 26 15:05:36 2017

Views: 2625

10-0 on aggregate. Well done Gary, utilisation of the squad evident. We are growing by the week. Rotation for future games another string to the bow.
Not getting carried away but in all of Gary's time at the helm this feels as if we have in place, personnel wise, a solid foundation from which to build. Able to withstand inevitable comings and goings. This goes beyond 2018, which looks increasingly favourable for ambitions. The last play-off squad fell apart overnight. This looks like a tsunami is quietly being constructed. With SJP on stream the vibes are tangible - you can touch it.
The future cannot have been this bright for the club in decades.
On a personal note, sorry to have missed a Big Dave goal celebration, even if trains had run, I wouldn't have made it, Santa's given me the trots! I wanted a wok!
I guess you can't have everything!
Well done to the Board, Management and Staff - Your being rewarded - proud of you guy's.
Enjoy.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: We're on a mission

By embee26/12/2017 16:26Tue Dec 26 16:26:36 2017In response to We're on a missionTop of thread

Views: 2477

Big Dave nearly grabbed a second near the end, clattering the goalpost in the process. I do hope the goal post is OK since Dave hit it fairly hard but still jogged it off!

Re: We're on a mission

By John Rogers26/12/2017 19:02Tue Dec 26 19:02:58 2017In response to Re: We're on a missionTop of thread

Views: 2450

First half wasn't a great watch. The pitch was sticky and neither side able to either fashion a shooting chance in the first 35 minutes or, indeed, any semblence of possession.

Then, Niko unleashed a lethal snap shot which came off the crossbar and the shackles were off.

We scored four, hit the woodwork twice, had players hit the woodwork twice narrowly failing to convert at the far post and a perfectly good goal chalked off late on when Niko was in front of the keeper from a corner and headed home yet was adjudged to have somehow impeded Minter.

The move which led to Zak hitting the post with a first time volley was worthy of a much higher level than this and although everyone was very good in the second half, today was the best I've seen from Josh Walker from a start. He was outstanding - the run which turned the Harrow left-back inside-out three times before drawing the penality was mesmeric.

Still a number of huge challenges ahead, but 54 goals in 23 league matches, two players in double figures and three others within sniffing distance. Whilst Niko's 26 goals so far have been important, seeing others contribute with plenty of goals is heartening.

Well done today boys, difficult opponents, difficult conditions and came through with flying colours. Onto Harlow and then Wingate!

Re: Today's report

By PF26/12/2017 19:00Tue Dec 26 19:00:37 2017In response to Re: We're on a missionTop of thread

Views: 2416

Back from the game and very pleased with the three points although it wasn't always perfect performance wise believe it or not. Maybe 4-0 slightly flattered us. The first 30 minutes was fairly even with Harrow even having the odd skirmish in and around our goal though Lovelock didn't really have a save to make as such. We didn't look like scoring either and neither keeper was troubled in the slightest

Then out of the blue we show a bit of quality and Niko nearly scored another worldy as he curled a beauty on to the bar and out clear luckily for Harrow.. Unlucky for us but Harrow got the message a few moments later as a low Walker shot seemed to be bundled in by one of their defenders. A little bit lucky but the pressure had been slowly building on the Harrow goal. To be fair I don't think either side really deserved to go in at HT behind but we seem to be having a fair rub of the green lately and it continued in a fairly average first 45.

I'm sure the gaffer must've had a word with the engine room of the side as they never really got going first but came out in the second looking very purposeful indeed and soon grabbed a second thanks to Big Dave being on hand to slip home a second after a ricochet fell kindly for him in the box. The big man loves getting in the box to pummel home these little breaks and knock downs. He's become almost an expert at these little finishes.

After that the team grew in confidence and whilst Harrow threw more men forward they left themselves wide open at the back to the quick breaks that we are oh so good at these days. Another of these slick breaks saw Josh Walker slam home a low finish past Harrow's despairing keeper. It was more or less gameover at this point but another slick and mazy run saw a penalty awarded which Niko duly slammed home. I couldn't quite see who the runner was but Niko kept up his goal scoring exploits making no mistake from the spot.

There was even a chance for further goals as Big Dave again made an almighty valiant attempt to remove the goalpost, net, stanchion, keeper with the boal but it just went the wrong side. We also had a goal chalked off for a foul on the keeper. In the prem it's a definite foul but at this level more often than not you get away with that challenge and a goal is signalled. This time the ref took pity on the Boro and stopped us going nap.

A solid performance by the lads but 4 goals was hard on Boro. However they look like a team devoid of ideas going forward and we look like a team with clinical finishers and a very solid defensive base. Good turnout by Hendon fans as usual. It would have been nice if we were tested more by Boro but I guess the Gaffer will be well pleased with the clean sheet. In 3rd place right now and with the top two being almost guaranteed to finish in that order we are doing as great as we possibly can in reality.

See you on NYD v W&F. Expecting an altogether different kind of match. It's always super tough against those guys. I still remember last year's horrible match at home...gahhhh! Let's hope there's no repeat this time eh...Happy New Year Greens!

Previous thread: Re Thanks Kezie by lesskinner22/12/2017 16:06Fri Dec 22 16:06:04 2017view thread