Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FA TROPHY - SUTTON UNITE AWAY by richhend18/12/2017 14:00Mon Dec 18 14:00:51 2017view thread

Hendon v Bath

By johnnybaker16/12/2017 20:33Sat Dec 16 20:33:16 2017

Views: 2592

A truly magnificent result that puts us into the 2nd round. A nice bit of cash in the coffers and a huge lift in confidence for the team. I thought the equaliser right after half time may have unsettled us, but we dug deep and stopped them from having any clear chances. Keagan's winner with his first touch will be good for him and we really should have made it safe in the last few minutes. Absolutely buzzing - can't remember the last time we went this far in the Trophy (I am sure someone will tell me) but praying for a home draw, preferably against Leyton Orient! What memories...

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hendon v Bath

By Paulinbushey17/12/2017 01:34Sun Dec 17 01:34:35 2017In response to Hendon v BathTop of thread

Views: 2556

Only thing is loose players in Jan? Then your stuffed for play offs?

By dw17/12/2017 00:20Sun Dec 17 00:20:33 2017In response to Hendon v BathTop of thread

Views: 2461

Today was certainly Hendon's greatest achievement yet at SJP. To quote a contributor on the Bath forum: "They were stronger smarter sharper." That sums it up. It is a sign of Hendon's astonishing progression that we can now look so comfortable against Conference opposition. Towards the end, it was clear that Bath City's confidence in finding an equaliser was very low - petulant fouls etc.

By SteveHFC16/12/2017 21:17Sat Dec 16 21:17:04 2017In response to Hendon v BathTop of thread

Views: 2508

Last time was the 2002/03 season when we went to Wakefield & Emley on a wintery Saturday and drew - but lost the replay at Claremont Road.

I was so impressed with the way we didn't let our heads drop after the equaliser as may so easily have happened. I also thought our game management after we regained the lead was excellent, something that has perhaps let us down a little over the last month or two when we've conceded late equalisers. A real team performance that we can be proud of.

Roll on the draw on Monday afternoon.

By Paulinbushey16/12/2017 21:07Sat Dec 16 21:07:34 2017In response to Hendon v BathTop of thread

Views: 2592

Superb display,never looked a league below.Attack always looked dangerous second half, defence looked solid,bring on the draw!

By rwakeley17/12/2017 00:48Sun Dec 17 00:48:54 2017In response to Re: Hendon v BathTop of thread

Views: 2535

McCann vs Belbin teams rolls. Not in doubt. Casey and and Arthur sublime. The lad Corcoran again top draw.
Midfield, Liverpool-esque concerns, two banks, not so. It's a Trophy template. Top honours to Gary.
The attitude of these lads, didn't go overboard on the final whistle. Top synopsis on twitter. Professional - job done. North-South divide. Genuinely gim up-north. Corby-esque.
Play-offs still the overriding consideration.
There's some true grit amongst the flair.
Ironically, we are probably the lowest hanging fruit in the competition. They write us off at their peril.
I actually still maintain we have not realised our full implementation - when stretched, a second half conundrum, we look against perceived higher opposition even more dangerous.
In a tangible sense it feels as if we are growing more powerful. That is a truly magnificent coming together.
There were players out there today of whom could have performed better - you've proved a point - you were magnificent - but to become recognised you have to realise your objectives.
As for today - a major accomplishment - that's why this fan supports you guy's! - it's recognition of the hard work you've put in.

Edited by rwakeley at 00:52:24 on 17th December 2017

By John Rogers18/12/2017 09:52Mon Dec 18 09:52:01 2017In response to Re: Hendon v BathTop of thread

Views: 2376

Saturday was a fascinating match-up, I thought. A scrappy first period in which we managed to get our noses in front followed by a slow start in the second half in which Bath equalised.

After that I thought we became more and more in control of things and looked the more assured side of the two. It sounds as though Bath are in a period of transition, as we have been at times in the past, reliant on young loanees from Pro Clubs.

Niko showed that he is so much more than just a goal scorer by managing to keep the ball alive for Keagan's goal which was in itself a neat little deft finish.

Everyone played their part, the core were particularly impressive though. Thoroughly deserved win and as Rob W rightly states, no histrionics at the end, just a feeling if job done - onto the next one.

Well done boys. Let's hope we get a deservedly rich reward next time out.

By ChrisHFC17/12/2017 09:48Sun Dec 17 09:48:25 2017In response to Re: Hendon v BathTop of thread

Views: 2500

At present Heybridge Swifts are the lowest ranked club left in the Trophy, being the only remaining Level 8 club. There are nine level 7 clubs remaining, of which we are one, though that will certainly reduce by one when Warrington and Altrincham replay as they are both level 7. Hereford are level 7 and are playing today, and Chesham's match yesterday was postponed; if both of them lose, there will be just six clubs at level 7, with only Billericay and ourselves from the south.

Heybridge will remain the lowest ranked club if they win their replay with Hampton & Richmond Borough.

Previous thread: The Draw by rwakeley17/12/2017 13:04Sun Dec 17 13:04:08 2017view thread