Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Gary McCann by rwakeley15/10/2017 01:46Sun Oct 15 01:46:36 2017view thread

Billericay

By rwakeley8/10/2017 02:37Sun Oct 8 02:37:02 2017

Views: 2753

I don't feel comfortable writing what maybe conceived as critical thoughts on a day when we've contributed so much, but I do feel it's the right thing to do. Slight umbrage we deserved something. Goal on half-time telling.
As for Billers, for me a typical demonstration, somewhat a disappointment in that regard. Three pronged strike-force on the day the difference. If the owner thinks that's a justified return on a perceived twenty grand a week wage bill he's delusional.
I thought going in, Enfield and today would give an accurate portrayal of where we are. Feedback and today would objectively reveal, when pushed, a slight lateral movement complex.
One clear problem. Our set-pieces. As wonderful as Billericay were, for all their resource. We are coming up short. Our lack of height is no excuse for continually wasting corners, failing to test the opposition to the degree where it's counter-productive for being hit on the break. I genuinely feel for Gary and the coaching staff. A
remedy is perplexing. We fail far to often even to get the ball into the box.
As for today, Tom and Keagan were telling. We are clearly genuine play-off contenders. This batch of games against the tried and tested are revealing. If the take-away is where we need to improve. That's a positive.
I personally believe, maybe away from home we need to better occupy opposition centre-halves. Going gung-ho, maybe not a great narrative, is none-the-less difficult to maintain.
Special mention for Jake, two major assists in the construction of goals of late. Telling contribution.
Very proud of the management and the players today - evident from everybody. We need to get an unbeaten run going. Great set of lads.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Billericay

By jimsredwhiteandgreen8/10/2017 08:50Sun Oct 8 08:50:00 2017In response to BillericayTop of thread

Views: 2692

Firstly a big thank you to Steve for posting details and advice to buy tickets in advance as there were supporters still queuing to get in when Keegan scored.
Losing is always dissapointing but having made the trip to wingate, folkestone, Enfield and billericay, I cannot fault the players for effort and commitment. We look like a real good side, who mix it up, and can play against the likes of Billeracy. Ash and Keagan"s goals were top class and our desire to get forward and attack them down the wings in the first half caused them all sorts of problems. Jake and Sam had the defenders doubling up on them to slow us down, and as of late they (opposition) seemed to pick up all the loose balls.

Niko seemed to find himself stuck in between the banks of defence where it limited him to being on the edge of the box. His best chance came late in the second half where he slipped over as did quite a few.
But with that in mind we did resort to plan b allowing the wingers to get crosses in but again they cleared easily and broke at pace. Yes the height issue cost us but not every 7ft player can fit into your team!

This hendon team don't give up and our 3rd showed that, just a shame there wasn't another 5 on the clock for one last push. Not meant to be yesterday, but came away proud of what I had seen.

Edited by jimsredwhiteandgreen at 08:52:32 on 8th October 2017

Billericay

By johnnybaker8/10/2017 16:07Sun Oct 8 16:07:21 2017In response to Re: BillericayTop of thread

Views: 2761

Brief interview with Glenn Tamplin on BBC Radio Essex giving praise to the Dons - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05jb5rb

Billericay highlights

By johnnybaker9/10/2017 15:52Mon Oct 9 15:52:56 2017In response to BillericayTop of thread

Views: 2631

Billericay have shared their GoalCam view of the goals on Saturday - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CvPybCtT5E

Re: Billericay highlights

By David B9/10/2017 16:21Mon Oct 9 16:21:21 2017In response to Billericay highlightsTop of thread

Views: 2515

There were some very good finishes, especially Ashley?s first and Keagan?s.

Re: Billericay highlights

By BryanR9/10/2017 18:22Mon Oct 9 18:22:39 2017In response to Re: Billericay highlightsTop of thread

Views: 2580

The more I look at it, the more their 4th looks like an own goal. Either way, sterling effort from the team to nearly grab a point. We'll play a lot worse than that and win.

Re: Billericay full match highlights

By johnnybaker11/10/2017 22:05Wed Oct 11 22:05:14 2017In response to Re: Billericay highlightsTop of thread

Views: 2536

15mins of highlights now available https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Okz3AeVjZU

By Mike Cox12/10/2017 19:39Thu Oct 12 19:39:56 2017In response to Re: Billericay full match highlightsTop of thread

Views: 2565

As you would expect, a brilliantly produced video from the millionaires and a joy to watch.
More importantly showed our fighting spirit and what fine goals we scored. From the 15 minute clip, I had the impression that we gave as good as we got. If we can keep up this fighting spirit, the future looks bright. Well done.

By Colchester Don (<blank>)13/10/2017 08:04Fri Oct 13 08:04:39 2017In response to Re: Billericay full match highlightsTop of thread

Views: 2375

Unless my eyes are deceiving me the penalty shout when 2-1 up (after about 20mins if I recall) has been edited out. I'd like to have seen that.

By WillesdenGreen13/10/2017 10:09Fri Oct 13 10:09:37 2017In response to Re: Billericay full match highlightsTop of thread

Views: 2363

Happened right in front of me & it was defo a pen. Niko was furious. The fact they went literally straight up the other end to equalize was hard to take.

Previous thread: Brightlingsea & Kingstonian played against each other last night by WillesdenGreen11/10/2017 13:05Wed Oct 11 13:05:50 2017view thread