Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: AGMs by Simon1/6/2017 14:11Thu Jun 1 14:11:13 2017view thread

2017/18 - the hard work starts now!

By Simon24/4/2017 11:01Mon Apr 24 11:01:18 2017

Views: 2808

I hope that you, like me, are enjoying the warm afterglow of Saturday afternoon and, for those of you who stayed on for the Awards, Saturday evening. It was a very special day and Hendon is a very special football club. I don't think I've ever felt more nervous at a Hendon match and the final whistle was the sweetest sound I've ever heard!

Although we're now officially in the close season, the hard work required to prepare for 2017/18 has already begun. Here's what Gary said to the website team yesterday:

"For a manager the end of one season is not the end of the work. Yes, we can take a week or two off, but that is all. The hard work of preparation for next season begins now and to avoid the difficulties of the last nine months a settled squad is paramount."

Not having a settled squad was the biggest problem faced by Gary last season. Players of the calibre of Niko Muir, Karl Oliyide, Alfie Young and Spencer McCall were lured away by other clubs because they were not on contract. They were not on contract because we could not afford to put them on contract. The only player who was on contract last season was Ollie Sprague and, when he left for Billericay, the transfer fee that we received enabled Gary to sign the players who helped ensure our great escape. If a lplayer is not on contract, we don't receive a penny when they leave.

The biggest challenge faced by the Board each season is to put together a budget that allows Gary the chance to be competitive. Let's face it - we all enjoyed 2014/15 a whole lot more than 2015/16 or 2016/17. If we are going to be competitive on the field, then we need to pull out all the stops off the field to ensure that Gary is able to build that settled squad and compete next season.

Hendon Football Club is a fans-owned football club. That means that if you join the Trust, and pay your £10 a year subscription, then you own as much of the club as anyone else. I'll write later on in the close season about Trust membership but, for now, I want to ask you to consider sponsoring a player, a match ball, a match, a programme or a seat in the McCann stand for next season.

I would never ask anyone to pay more into Hendon than they can afford to pay but I would ask every Hendon supporter to do what they can to help Gary put together a squad that can compete in what is likely to be a very strong Premier Division next season.

The Trust Board will meet shortly to confirm sponsorship prices for next season but, until we do, we're giving you the opportunity to commit to one or more sponsorships at last season's prices which are:

- programme sponsorship for £30
- McCann Stand seat sponsorship for £50
- matchball sponsorship for £80
- match sponsorship for £150
- player sponsorship for £90 for home kit, £60 for away kit or £120 for both kits.

If we were able to get all players, programmes, seats, matchballs and matches sponsored for next season, that would bring around £15,000 into the club - that translates into around £400 a week across a 37 week season and that could enable Gary to get some of our key players signed on contract for next season.

The Board will be sitting down with Gary shortly to discuss next season's budget and it would be great if we could do so knowing that we've already managed to secure £7,500 of next season's sponsorship.

If you are able to support the club in this way, please post here or drop me an email to simon.hendon@btinternet.com. Let me know what or who you would like to sponsor and we'll do our very best to accommodate you. We'll operate on a "first come, first served" basis and we'll be giving last season's player sponsors first refusal to sponsor the same players next season.

Thanks

Simon

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: 2017/18 - the hard work starts now!

By Simon28/5/2017 19:03Sun May 28 19:03:21 2017In response to 2017/18 - the hard work starts now!Top of thread

Views: 2443

You want Matty Ball? You want another centre half? Can't guarantee but every £ pledged in next 72 hours goes straight to Gary's budget. Email simon.hendon@btinternet.com.

By Simon18/5/2017 22:53Thu May 18 22:53:59 2017In response to 2017/18 - the hard work starts now!Top of thread

Views: 2446

Thanks to everyone who has answered the call we've managed to give Gary the wherewithal to sign Tom on contract for next season.

Gary has a number of other players who he would like to get signed up for next season but, as ever, whether or not he can get all of these players "over the line" depends on the budget that we're able to give him.

If you haven't already pledged to donate towards next season's budget or to sponsor a player, a match, a matchball or a seat in the Gary McCann stand please do so if you can.

Thanks

By StAlbansDon4/5/2017 22:59Thu May 4 22:59:09 2017In response to 2017/18 - the hard work starts now!Top of thread

Views: 2744

Iv made my contribution have you?
Gary and the board need our support to provide a competitive budget to maintain our current status. The club has achieved so much in the last few years but still need to finish the foundations that will protect the future of a great community club.

Significant investment from me and others has given Hendon a future but we need to avoid a repeat of this season and bring some long lasting stability. I enjoy meeting like minded friends at SJP and know we have a common goal in make my Hendon a great club again.

The infrastructure has been set and the desire is there to make a community club that others are envious of. Let's create a budget where young players with potential can be contracted and a squad that plays for Hendon as opposed to the money that get paid.

If we can ant to keep Gary and his team, and Simon with his drive and desire dig deep and pledge now please

Previous thread: Josh McLeod-Urquhart by embee22/4/2017 19:37Sat Apr 22 19:37:11 2017view thread