Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Today! by dw22/4/2017 23:47Sat Apr 22 23:47:31 2017view thread

Final Game

By HendonJohn17/4/2017 19:46Mon Apr 17 19:46:35 2017

Views: 3102

Saturday was a huge game. We got the result.

Today was a huge game. We got the result.

Next Saturday is a huge game. Gary and the boys have given us the best chance of staying up. One point on Saturday may be enough. 3 points guarantees it. So it is a massive game. Having spoken to a few people after the game it looks like we will have support travelling from Norfolk, Weymouth, Pinner and further afield. It would be great to have a large, loud support for the final game. Hope to see you all there.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Once more unto the breach..

By PF22/4/2017 12:05Sat Apr 22 12:05:34 2017In response to Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2648

dear friends!

The sun is out. The weather's good. There's no excuse. The other lot have nothing to play for but pride. Well that's sometimes all they need but we have everything to play for. The club's fated status as an IPL side. I'm only a newcomer but I sense an immense pride in the club and it's small band of fans that they haven't been relegated in decades. This very pride has probably helped in this magnificent late run to almost safety. I can't actually quite believe it to be honest. We've reached the last game and a final solid performance is still needed to maintain that precious status.

It just goes to show that this league is very much a level playing field with every team pretty solid at times and able to perform. The fact that 53 points is not completely safe even is hard to believe. That's the reason the team must put aside all other thoughts and concentrate fully on today's game.

Just win the bloody game. Simples! COYG!

Re: Final Game

By jimsredwhiteandgreen22/4/2017 08:02Sat Apr 22 08:02:40 2017In response to Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2624

Right. Saturday is here. For those of you who were at Harrow Boro on saturday will know it was a tense affair and that did silent the away support until the final whistle. As much as jake and paul have been told off on a few occasions for their OTT use of some explicit wording their vocal support can turn our games into a decent atmosphere. Let's get behind the team today as a unit and hopefully it will pay dividends. Let's make some noise!

Anyone in charge on here - could I donate £5 to the club funds if the teams can come out to Rockys survivor Eye of the Tiger.

If that don't get them motivated nothing will!

By Claremont Man22/4/2017 13:14Sat Apr 22 13:14:03 2017In response to Re: Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2678

Can we do it ? Of course we can,Will we do it ? around 4-50 ish we will know. Whatever happens a big vote of thanks is due to Rob,Simon,Graham and all the backroom boys for piloting us through the first season at our new home and it goes without saying the tremendous job that Gary,Freddie and their team have done in steadying the ship and inspiring such a barnstorming finish.to the campaign.

Re: Well what a shambles

By PF22/4/2017 16:07Sat Apr 22 16:07:00 2017In response to Re: Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2775

So the traffic is SO bad the lino is 2 hours late and more. So much for knowing our fate at 4.50. To make matters worse I've gotta be in central London for 7ish! What a weston! I'm gonna leave SJP at 6. We better be 3 up by then.

Re: Well what a shambles

By embee22/4/2017 16:13Sat Apr 22 16:13:20 2017In response to Re: Well what a shamblesTop of thread

Views: 2641

I've gotta be at work for 6.
Oh well. Gonna be late, thank goodness I can blame it on the a406 being closed!

By HendonJohn22/4/2017 10:14Sat Apr 22 10:14:07 2017In response to Re: Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2648

I hope Jake, Paul and Jeff come today. We have numbers coming to the game. Our fans have neen buzzing for this all week. I have been getting daily texts. We are bang up for it. We'll sing from start to finish.

By Walworth Mark B21/4/2017 22:19Fri Apr 21 22:19:52 2017In response to Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2799

Best wishes to the Greens and all of the Supporters in the final game. I shall be with you in spirit and hoping for the right result from across The Solent. All the very best.

By richhend17/4/2017 20:18Mon Apr 17 20:18:56 2017In response to Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2859

Unlikely but wouldn't it be good if Mr Graves and his bugle could be there on Saturday.

By Mike Cox17/4/2017 20:07Mon Apr 17 20:07:03 2017In response to Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2905

Believe me, I would shout louder than anybody if I had the means to do so.
Great result at Earlsmead today and wonderful to see so many old friends again after my enforced absence.

By SteveHFC17/4/2017 20:33Mon Apr 17 20:33:56 2017In response to Re: Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2819

Excellent result, superb turnout and support, even though we were all rather nervous and tense. One thing that struck me today, and in recent games, is how positive the support has been of late, even when mistakes have been made. We all need to play our part again on Saturday in making sure safety is secured. It's going to be nerve-wracking, it's going to be tense, but as HendonJohn says, let's do everything we can to be at SJP in good numbers and get behind the squad.

Great to see a few faces we've not seen for a while at the last couple of games for various reasons. Delighted to see Mike Cox was well enough to be with us behind the goal again, and kudos to Michael, Kieran and Callum Fox (hope I've remembered the boys names right) for making the journey down from Glasgow - and doing it all again on Saturday.

As for the game, getting the second so soon after half time was crucial. Whilst Harrow had plenty of possession, I don't think they caused us too many problems, although it would have been very nervewracking if they had pulled one back. The current crop of players have put in some tremendous performances over the past couple of months and today was no exception.

One game to go - hope to see as many of you as possible on Saturday.

By rwakeley17/4/2017 22:01Mon Apr 17 22:01:31 2017In response to Re: Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2816

"Once more into the breach my friends..."
I thought we won at a canter today. Different class. Should we stay up, and I see absolutely no reason to suggest anything to the contrary, there's a clear definable under-current of something interesting. There is a nucleus. Jumping the gun I know, and I still have qualms with regards to how we set up with regards to the flanks, albeit with Casey back after a two year sabbatical, it shows that bit of quality we've lacked. His combination with Sam, (who I thought was superb again), set up the goal. It's down to movement, Sam gambled, it paid dividends. Murph's celebration showed his unquestionable commitment. Boundless drive.
The lads knew they had it in the bag. We don't need Shakespeare, Henry V or anything else. Just go and play another game.

By dw17/4/2017 23:25Mon Apr 17 23:25:19 2017In response to Re: Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2765

Great reflection on the match Rob! It was remarkably comfortable in the circumstances. Quite simply, we are now looking like a good, solid Isthmian Premier Division side. Long may it last!

By HendonJohn21/4/2017 21:45Fri Apr 21 21:45:58 2017In response to Re: Final GameTop of thread

Views: 2630

Gary Mac's Green and White Army are coming from Weymouth, Diss, Cambridge and Scotland tomorrow. Big game. 3 points up for grabs. Hope you can join us. Let's make some noise and end the season on a high. Gary and the boys deserve our support. In Dublin's Fair City....

Previous thread: Towie's Mark Wright to invest in Billericay!! by PF20/3/2017 15:16Mon Mar 20 15:16:27 2017view thread