Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Route to escape by PF13/3/2017 15:17Mon Mar 13 15:17:01 2017view thread

Rock solid mindset

By rwakeley25/3/2017 17:18Sat Mar 25 17:18:08 2017

Views: 3812

Belief and desire have been questioned by many at times this season, not by myself, I questioned other facets. Results like today demonstrate sheer determination to get the job done. It's going down to the wire, keeping everybody in check is vital.
As for next week, the Angels will be mentally fragile despite the soundbites. Terrible day for them - hit them hard.
They were not great from a defensive stand-point at their place.
Delighted for Gary, heard his interview in the week. If anybody depicts the necessary rock solid approach it's that lad. The lads have done him and the club proud this afternoon.
Now lets get this done.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Rock solid mindset

By PF25/3/2017 17:40Sat Mar 25 17:40:19 2017In response to Rock solid mindsetTop of thread

Views: 3690

>>>Belief and desire have been questioned by many at times this season, not by myself,
I think they were fairly questioned to be honest. Some players looked like they really didn't care but most of those were shipped out. Problem is we wasted so many games finding out that some players weren't really cut out for a relegation battle at this level.

>>> I questioned other facets. Results like today demonstrate sheer determination to get the job done. It's going down to the wire, keeping everybody in check is vital
Definitely have to keep the feet on the ground. I wrote than in my thread. The players are gonna be on cloud nine for a while but this could still go tits up within in a nano second. The Leatherhead debacle is still fresh although not worth dwelling over.

>>>>As for next week, the Angels will be mentally fragile despite the soundbites. Terrible day for them - hit them hard.
Yeah they've had a shocker today. They don't lose often at home. Next week is gonna be very tough and a huge game for both sides. I thought today was big but next week is monumental. It's funny the more you win the harder games seem to get!

>>>>>Delighted for Gary, heard his interview in the week. If anybody depicts the necessary rock solid approach it's that lad. The lads have done him and the club proud this afternoon.
Now lets get this done.
They sure have. The team were dead and buried but have somehow summoned up a will to win and a desire to get out of trouble. Credit must go to the management for not giving up on the squad even when it seemed like a complete lost cause. Having said all that we still need to worry about complacency creeping in. If we can get rid of the C word we'll have a great chance!

Tommy Williams Sacked at K's

By rwakeley25/3/2017 21:22Sat Mar 25 21:22:29 2017In response to Re: Rock solid mindsetTop of thread

Views: 3779

Self explanatory - I just dropped into to offer an alternative view. K's are clearly in a rut, but I don't like to see managers go in this league. Some of the comments on their board, whilst understandable, are disrespectful.
I don't know if their loss of form correlates to events off the pitch.
Back to Hendon, it's worth glancing over the Football Web Pages site. I take it all with a pinch of salt, it is however great to see us out of trouble and with their forecasted results being very conservative, endorses our timely run of late.
Tonbridge with no win in 7! Interesting to see how they react.
We appear to adopted some composure whilst others are reaching out for prescriptions of Xanax.
Credit to our manager, our team is a reflection of his integrity.

Re: Tommy Williams Sacked at K's

By embee25/3/2017 22:10Sat Mar 25 22:10:09 2017In response to Tommy Williams Sacked at K'sTop of thread

Views: 3664

I take the FWP predicted final table with more than a pinch of salt as they're predicting we will play sudbury at home on an unknown date and win!
I think however we are in with a chance of staying up.

Previous thread: Sudbury by PF25/3/2017 12:47Sat Mar 25 12:47:37 2017view thread