Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Rock solid mindset by rwakeley25/3/2017 17:18Sat Mar 25 17:18:08 2017view thread

Sudbury

By PF25/3/2017 12:47Sat Mar 25 12:47:37 2017

Views: 2318

Wow here we are probably the most important match of the whole season. The loser is going to feel sick as the proverbial parrot after this game that's for sure. If it's a draw then both teams will still be in deep doodoo but I don't really think either can afford a loss to be honest.

I think the first aim in this game should be to keep 11 men on the pitch. That should be the starting point. I hope the management make it as plain as day that the only way to success in this game is by maintaining discipline on the pitch. Anyone who loses it, even under provocation will seriously damage our chances of winning or at least competing in this fixture.

Looking at Sudbury I see a team in complete disarray. Who knows the reason for it but they've either stopped playing for the manager thinking they were safe or they've had injuries or just been plain complacent. Whatever it is their form is completely shocking. They've lost 6 of the last 7 with a solitary 3-1 home win against Folkestone in between. By golly they've been battered lately! 21 goals shipped in the last 7 games makes horrible reading for Sudbury fans.

Thiis can work one of two ways for Hendon in my opinion. They could go either ultra defensive and pack the midfield or go a bit more gung ho and try and go all out and go down fighting. Probably the former in all honesty. The team probably is down and out at the moment and will scratch and fight for every last point.

I don't think getting involved in a tight mid field battle is gonna help us win the game at all. We need to get the ball out wide quicker and put telling balls in at angles for our strikers to feast on. Plus we know chances are gonna be a premium in this game so when one comes along we're gonna have to be efficient and not wasteful.

This is a really hard game to predict but I am a bit fearful of which Sudbury will turn up. The beaten team of recent matches or a side desperate and scrapping to the last breath. Having said that I am quite confident in the lads lately. The Leatherhead game looks like it might have been a bit of a blip in otherwise a very solid run. I expect us not to lose at least. If it's a draw hopefully the teams above lose as well so we don't lose too much ground. However I think we can win this game narrowly with a bit of luck and a resilient and cool performance. Keep the hot heads for another day! 2-1 to us will really put the cat amongst the pigeons that's for sure.

Wish the boys well today and win lose or draw let's hope the team keeps its dignity intact.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: OK...I'm gonna tempt fate

By PF25/3/2017 16:17Sat Mar 25 16:17:50 2017In response to SudburyTop of thread

Views: 2247

surely even Hendon can't f*** this up! 3-0? woohooo...Let's go for the jugular and help the goal difference. Just imagine if the team had been like this all season..

If we win today and I say that with a chuckle, but if we do actually WIN then we'll be in with an almighty chance of staying up. It's still in the balance but the ball's in our own court. Let's see if we can get the cigars out for the rest of the half...

Re: Happiness is a cigar...

By PF25/3/2017 16:27Sat Mar 25 16:27:15 2017In response to Re: OK...I'm gonna tempt fateTop of thread

Views: 2202

called hamlet and we're smokin'!!

A Wingate equaliser v Leatherhead would be nice. Burgess v Kings is 1-1 so if it stayed that way it wouldn't be bad.

Re: Superb display...

By PF25/3/2017 17:23Sat Mar 25 17:23:07 2017In response to Re: Happiness is a cigar...Top of thread

Views: 2256

Obviously the ones who went will pontificate the virtues of that performance but I'm just judging by the scoreline alone. It looks like a complete job done on a very poor and dispirited Sudbury outfit. Maybe we had some luck for once as well I'm sure someone will tell us but it's been well deserved. We don't dish out tonkings often but this one hurts them badly and leaves the relegation scrap wide open with plenty of teams still looking over their shoulder.

Those teams must've thought Hendon, well we'll discount them, their dead and buried and I'll admit I was one of them. I didn't see these wins and performances coming at all. We could barely score a goal or defend our goal for 5 minutes for a while. But the right personnel seems to be in place now. That's probably the key at this level. Get the right team bond and the right tactics and you CAN perform well and move up.

However let's not get carried away. Today helps. It helps a hell of a lot but it puts us in the mix. Leathers won again today. WIngate let us down with not being able to score one to hold them back. The other results leave the bottom of the table looking very congested. From Hendon up to Canvey no one is safe. Merstham have 4 games in hand I expect them to do enough. The teams on 50 points need one win each so they should be ok.

The end of the season is looking like a proper rolelrcoaster and it's going to very exciting. We've been dead and buried given hope, buried again(Leatherhead) and given hope again in a matter of weeks. Wow what an end. You can't say the first season at SJP has been boring. Disappointing maybe but it's not ending with a whimper at least. The Greens are battling till the death. I just pray and hope that the Leatherhead result does not haunt us come the end of the season. Keep going Greens!

Edited by PF at 17:23:48 on 25th March 2017

Re: Superb display...

By SteveHFC25/3/2017 21:27Sat Mar 25 21:27:17 2017In response to Re: Superb display...Top of thread

Views: 2208

Missed the last two games due to work & family commitments, but pleased to be able to make the trip to AFC Sudbury - it's a really pleasant drive across country from Luton through numerous Hertfordshire, Essex & Suffolk villages.

Excellent team performance today - contributions from everyone. Defended like demons, Tom made two excellent saves early on before we took the lead. 4 well worked goals - great to see Kezie score twice, and another gem of a set piece from Matt Ball. As for young Keagan, what a talent - to have made 50 first team appearances despite not turning 18 until the summer is a great achievement. He's sure to go onto bigger and better things in time, but hopefully we can keep him for at least another year or two.

Does mean now that even if AFC Sudbury are awarded the abandoned game, they are still below us in the table. I have to say they looked like a team heading for the drop. Felt a bit sorry for their young lad who got sent off - he was done for pace twice and was getting no help from his teammates.

Job not done yet though - but if we can continue playing as we have over the past few weeks (Leatherhead excepted - which I missed!) then we have got every chance of beating the drop.

Interestingly, Kingstonian have sacked their manager tonight following their recent plunge down the table.

Going to be a nerve-wracking last month of the season!

Previous thread: Free Admission at Sudbury by Colchester Don24/3/2017 19:50Fri Mar 24 19:50:30 2017view thread