Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Graham Etchell by lesskinner24/2/2017 11:51Fri Feb 24 11:51:52 2017view thread

Admission MSC Cup

By PF20/2/2017 16:16Mon Feb 20 16:16:30 2017

Views: 2885

Is it still a tenner? I'd come if it was half price but a tenner is too much. Just making sure - I know the other club has to agree to set a fee.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Admission MSC Cup

By SteveHFC20/2/2017 17:32Mon Feb 20 17:32:23 2017In response to Admission MSC CupTop of thread

Views: 2862

Unfortunately it is still a tenner - which I really don't agree with for the minor cups, especially in an era where football league clubs often reduce admission for cup ties - often to £10 - which makes £10 for a county cup tie really poor value.

Whilst I understand the economics of staying at £10 for admission in terms of needing to ensure we cover costs, I do think we should be reducing admission for the MSC, LSC & League Cup where possible.

By PF20/2/2017 18:16Mon Feb 20 18:16:18 2017In response to Re: Admission MSC CupTop of thread

Views: 2793

My Millwall supporting mate just texted me that Millwall have reduced their ticket price to a tenner as a thank you to the fans for their league game tomorrow. Surely something not right for a lowly non league cup tie to be the same as a pro game. The thing is most non league teams seem to reduce for cups so I'm not quite seeing the woods for the trees on this occasion with regard to Hendon's stance.

By SteveHFC20/2/2017 19:09Mon Feb 20 19:09:30 2017In response to Re: Admission MSC CupTop of thread

Views: 2839

A prime example that.

Imagine there's someone just looking for a game - doesn't support any of the clubs involved. Would you be more likely to pay £10 for a League One fixture, or £10 for a Middlesex Senior Cup fixture?

This is a topic that crops up most seasons, and I'm not sure we've ever really come to a sensible conclusion.

Clearly its too late for tomorrow - but I really do hope reducing prices for minor cup ties is something board seriously considers for next season and beyond. Far more likely to attract neutrals who are just looking for a game.

By Rainham don20/2/2017 20:00Mon Feb 20 20:00:26 2017In response to Re: Admission MSC CupTop of thread

Views: 2812

Think charging a tenner is poor when you consider most managers field weakened sides,another thing that surprises me(and I have said this before)is that this game is on the same night as a QPR game.I know for a fact that quite a few fans follow QPR Hendon and Wealdstone.To have played this game on Monday or Wednesday or another week would have added a few to the gate.

By Paul Butler (buts1690)21/2/2017 13:07Tue Feb 21 13:07:18 2017In response to Re: Admission MSC CupTop of thread

Views: 2807

I'd have probably been at The Den anyway regardless, but I've been saying for years about County Cup games (especially after paying £12 at Staines a couple of seasons back to watch basically our reserves at the time get dicked)

The League Cup most pro sides charge 10-15 quid, and the Checkatrade this year was a fiver a ticket.

It's no wonder that minor cups often attract crowds (or should that be gatherings) of less than 100 when nothing is done about the pricing.

By Hendonboy21/2/2017 14:14Tue Feb 21 14:14:44 2017In response to Re: Admission MSC CupTop of thread

Views: 2743

You couldn't pay me to go to the Checkatrade Trophy in it's current guise.

Agree in principle though - I don't know, but hope the club are always making overtures to the opposition to reduce prices and are being rebuffed. If they are, I can understand why they'd say nothing - I'm not a fan of the clubs at our level who go out of their way to try an embarrass others with unprofessional statements (see AFC Sudbury tweeting all kinds of stuff post our game being abandoned) and wouldn't want to see us joining them. If on the other hand the club think that full price is fair and aren't attempting to reduce prices, then just make a statement to say so and explain why so we can avoid people asking how much every single tie costs each time we come to one

A way forward (if competition rules allow) might be to make a public statement at the beginning of next season that the club's position on Mddx/London/League Cup ticket prices is that they should be lower than league prices/half price and that will be the starting position they take to any club we're drawn against. That then puts some pressure on others for that to be the default position without specifically scapegoating any club that still wants to charge full price.

Re: an idea

By PF21/2/2017 14:14Tue Feb 21 14:14:12 2017In response to Re: Admission MSC CupTop of thread

Views: 2668

Charge full price at the turnstile if you must but give something back to the fan with a voucher scheme for loyalty or something like that. For example if you attend any Cup game you get to go to another cup game half price or something like that. Not saying it's perfect but with a bit of thought something could be worked out to entice a fan to go to a cup match. Having said all that I fancy watching a game tonight. Maybe the Wealdstone raider will be there to sing "you've got no fans" at us! Gotta scrape that tenner together from somewhere though!

Re: can I have a refund???

By PF21/2/2017 22:33Tue Feb 21 22:33:36 2017In response to Re: an ideaTop of thread

Views: 2817

Well I came but it wasn't great was it. First half was ok and we missed a massive chance to go ahead when Murphy side footed over from about 10 yards. A few other sniffs too. Stones didn't look too interested first half.

Second half they've come out with a bit more purpose about them. They really should've scored somewhere along the line. We did zilch second half. Can't remember any decent play by us at all. Lovelock as usual coming to the rescue a few times.

Penalties it was and their keeper was on top form. Our pens didn't look that bad but their keeper's pulled off great saves. Nice save by Lovelock too but it wasn't enough. We could've stolen this match on first half showing but the right team won overall. Solid effort by the lads in holding a team from a higher league and let's try to keep battling in the league. Speaking of that I see Harrow won 4 zip. That's one less team we can catch!

Re: totally flogging a dead horse here

By PF23/2/2017 20:24Thu Feb 23 20:24:54 2017In response to Re: can I have a refund???Top of thread

Views: 2682

but I'd just like to point out that Spurs put general sale tickets for tonight's game at Wembley for a tenner. Also Charlton are charging fans a fiver for Saturday's game v Bury. Dead horse beaten to a pulp I will shut up now. :-)

Re: totally flogging a dead horse here

By Paul Butler (buts1690)23/2/2017 22:45Thu Feb 23 22:45:08 2017In response to Re: totally flogging a dead horse hereTop of thread

Views: 2651

To be fair I wouldn't watch Charlton if they paid me the fiver!

Previous thread: H&W by PF18/2/2017 11:30Sat Feb 18 11:30:37 2017view thread