Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 6 wins needed by PF15/2/2017 10:54Wed Feb 15 10:54:04 2017view thread

Lowestoft

By PF11/2/2017 12:31Sat Feb 11 12:31:12 2017

Views: 2724

Well it's crunch time again. Can we possibly envisage anything other than a home win today? We're playing a stone cold mid table side. Ain't going up ain't going down. They have good days and bad days in equal measure. Can give the best a game and have off days when they are slaughtered at home by the dregs of the league. Which Lowestoft is gonna turn up? Hopefully the crappy one!

So what are the pointers for today? Looking at recent form we see the Greens buoyed by a couple of good recent results and looking for a further three points in the battle against relegation. I think all home games against teams in the middle or bottonm half of the league are now "must wins". I just can't see how battling draws are gonna be enough considering how many more games we've played compared to our fellow strugglers. If only 3 went down then the chances of survival would look much better but with 4 biting the bullet things look grim.

Looking at Lowestoft I see a team going through the motions of completing the season with a whimper more or less. That means I think they're there for the taking today. Their last 6 fixtures read W1 D1 L4. Not exactly great however I'm slightly worried by the fact that they've lost their last 3. Their manager will be putting a rocket up their arse to get something from today and normally teams in this division don't lost 4 on the trot unless you're Hendon of course haha! They normally tend to nick something sooner or later so I'm expecting them to try a little harder for their gaffer today. Their team has some decent results to its name like beating Leiston 3-2 and also Bognor 2-1 earlier in the season

The first match between us and Lowestoft ended 3-3 so I'm expecting quite a free flowing match today. It's gonna be tight as usual in the first half but I'm hoping for the Hendon to play more expansive and wear them down in the end. I'm going all out for a 3-1 final scoreline. It's gonna be tough though and we need to take our chances when we get them. No stupid bad misses and no goals against from the friggin' half way line please!
Come on Greens!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Lowestoft

By PF11/2/2017 18:51Sat Feb 11 18:51:53 2017In response to LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 2703

Well it's just the one point in our battle to stay up though it could easily have been three. Having said that it could just as easily have been zilch

A point is not a great deal of use but it keeps the scoreboard ticking as the saying goes.

The game itself was fairly evenly balanced. Of course our keeper was almost man of the match again. They could probably say they had the most gilt edged chances in the match eith the early one on one and a few more close shaves.

But we controlled the first half however we couldn't work a keeper who was literally playing with a broken arm! He did make one solid save before his injury but we mainly huffed and puffed a lot with no real problems for them.

Our general play was much better than the diabolical Wingate game. I think the slicker less bouncy surface helped us find a man in green quicker and much better.

The second half ebbed and flowed a lot and was pretty end to end. You really couldn't say one team had the upper hand. My fear that they would put in a shift after three straight losses unfortunately turned out true. They were solid and determined to get something from today. We lacked cutting edge in our finishing. Was it Matt Ball who hit it wide under pressure but with more composure should have scored.

Keegan also skied and was brought down late. For me I've seen them given but it wasn't quite stonewall either. But I don't think the ref was gonna give it unless it was a stonewaller.

Even with seconds to go a late breakaway resulted in a right old scramble. I was disappointed we didn't work the sub keeper much. Our delivery into the box was not great as usual. We did get the odd good ball but no one attacked the ball.

Good effort all in all but I see this as two points dropped sadly. It wasn't a terrible 0-0 though and the team continues to battle. Just need a little more quality and more clinical finishing. Lowestoft deserved their point and battled hard for their manager especially with losing their keeper.

It's getting serious now as if you needed telling. But we fight on whilst there's still heart in the players and management.

By rwakeley12/2/2017 11:27Sun Feb 12 11:27:29 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 2636

Literally our darkest hour. Just woke up having defrosted, don't know which was worst, the football or my journey home. A rather unplanned tour of Northampton on the way home. So many glum faces around, from Churchill to Cameron. He cited dispelling the air of despondency. That includes the terraces, players feed off it. The last couple of outings I've seen, since the signing of Elliott, we've resorted to long-ball tendencies. We need calm heads. We need to keep our composure all round. We're getting involved with lots of frustrations.
Since the league has expanded, the team finishing fourth from bottom averages 50 points with each winning exactly 13 games. I don't know if that is a reliable benchmark but it is interesting to see who they were:- Needham Market, Tonbridge and East Thurrock.
As for Lowestoft, always admired their set-up, slick, efficient, work-man-like. They have a template. Despite his miss, the lad Reed is a stand-out.
Forget that Horlicks and replicate the Bognor performance. Our destiny is in our own hands.

By Rainham don15/2/2017 09:58Wed Feb 15 09:58:16 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 2359

Notice from Garys notes on the game that Casey got injured.What did he do?.

By PF15/2/2017 10:06Wed Feb 15 10:06:59 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 2415

He clattered in to their keeper going for a cross which left the keeper unable to use his right arm. He got up but then went down again near our own box a few minutes later from a cross from them. He got up and managed to walk off but was seriously winded in his side. Probably heavily bruised ribs or possible rib fracture who knows.

Lowestoft - Casey Maclaren

By David B15/2/2017 12:13Wed Feb 15 12:13:37 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 2396

Just to confirm it is a rib injury which will keep him out for a number of weeks. The collision was a complete accident with two players looking at the dropping ball and not seeing the other coming.

Amazingly, Jamie Waite, the Lowestoft goalkeeper, is actually their second choice, and he started both matches against Hendon this season and failed to make it past half-time in either game. In the game at Crown Meadow, the Trawlerboys had a substitute keeper on the bench and his error gave us our third goal.

Previous thread: John Fordham. by Lamb_n_flag9/2/2017 14:40Thu Feb 9 14:40:36 2017view thread