Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: No justice by Mike Cox3/10/2016 12:39Mon Oct 3 12:39:29 2016view thread

Normal service has been resumed

By Mike Cox8/10/2016 17:05Sat Oct 8 17:05:18 2016

Views: 2734

I admit to knowing nothing about the circumstances but throwing away a 3-0 lead at Lowestoft does not sound very promising ( at least there was not enough time left for us to concede 8 as I seem to remember we did on one previous visit). However, unarguably our "goals against" tally is becoming alarming.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Slightly different take

By rwakeley8/10/2016 17:55Sat Oct 8 17:55:56 2016In response to Normal service has been resumedTop of thread

Views: 2676

Trips to Crown Meadow are as tough as anywhere we have to go. Suffolk in general, the football is fast and physically tough. The lads will be annoyed not to have seen it through but we are not the first team to concede a last minute equaliser and we won't be the last.
Reading in-between the lines, it sounded as if we clearly impressed throughout the first half - and we've hit the post late on. There's a lot of positives - the performance must have impressive, for the greater part - and Nico bagging a brace.
I agree, with the goals against tally. I presume Kevin is back next week.
As for next week, it's a free ride, the lads will be up for what is going to be an immense challenge. I would imagine the lads are annoyed. Good - wounded animal and all that. Next week is by no-means mission impossible. A bit of frustration, occasionally, if channelled correctly, is not a bad thing.

Re: Slightly different take

By IcecapUnited8/10/2016 19:46Sat Oct 8 19:46:41 2016In response to Slightly different takeTop of thread

Views: 2633

The goalkeeper isn't going to get any better. At least if they had kept Brendon Norris he would have developed and improved. He was already a better keeper with more communication and distribution skills. All he needed was a bit more experience. Any decent keeper has to rally the troops and hang in to a 3-0 advantage.

By Rainham don8/10/2016 20:58Sat Oct 8 20:58:49 2016In response to Re: Slightly different takeTop of thread

Views: 2632

So where is Brandon now.

By ChrisHFC8/10/2016 23:57Sat Oct 8 23:57:18 2016In response to Re: Slightly different takeTop of thread

Views: 2547

Brendan Norris played for Farnborough last Saturday while we were disposing of AFC Rushden & Diamoonds.

He didn't play for Farnborough today in the Trophy, probably to stop his being cup-tied, which was just as well, as today Farnborough's keeper Aaron Bufton was sent off after 3 mnutes and they lost 5-1 at home to Barnstaple.

By IcecapUnited9/10/2016 07:36Sun Oct 9 07:36:08 2016In response to Re: Slightly different takeTop of thread

Views: 2560

Due to circumstances at Farnborough Brendan has left the club and will be looking elsewhere for a fair opportunity to play.

By IcecapUnited8/10/2016 22:43Sat Oct 8 22:43:43 2016In response to Re: Slightly different takeTop of thread

Views: 2557

Not getting game time somewhere on dual registration.

By SteveHFC8/10/2016 21:36Sat Oct 8 21:36:58 2016In response to Re: Slightly different takeTop of thread

Views: 2619

First things first - I thought Berkley was superb today and in my opinion in the running for man of the match with Casey and Niko, and only at fault in my eyes for the first goal. First half he caught absolutely everything thrown at him and was very commanding in his area, and the same went for most of the second half, and he made one outstanding point blank save to tip the ball over the bar. As far as I'm aware Brendan Norris (who like others I do rate highly) is currently getting game time and experience elsewhere on a dual-registration. He's certainly not been released.

One of the things Gary mentioned in the Q&A on Thursday was that he felt we currently had the most talented squad he'd had at his disposal, but that they were probably not as resiliant as some of the squads we've had in the past. A lot of that comes down to experience - Gary's mentioned it, some of us have mentioned it on here - but there are a number of young players in the squad, many of whom have been playing regularly.

All that said, only drawing when 3-0 up after an hour is very disappointing, and very frustrating, even more so when the equaliser comes with almost the last kick of the game, and our captain for the day (Chris Seeby) then gets sent off for something he said to the referee. The result of the latter is that Seebs will now miss the FA Cup tie at Boreham Wood as suspensions now kick in 1 week after the offence rather than a fortnight as has been the case for many years.

I don't think we gave up as such, but perhaps did think the game was won and sat back a bit. There was no lack of effort in the last half hour, but we do need to quickly learn how to see out games when the going gets tough.

Clearly the focus for the next week is now on the FA Cup - so we need to put today behind us and look ahead to Boreham Wood next Saturday.

Previous thread: Dulwich Hamlet FC Vs Hendon FC, FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round (17/09/16) by beautifulgame153/10/2016 15:14Mon Oct 3 15:14:35 2016view thread