Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: How things change by richhend30/7/2016 12:00Sat Jul 30 12:00:24 2016view thread

Hello Hendon

By PF27/7/2016 12:30Wed Jul 27 12:30:22 2016

Views: 2468

Hello Hendon Fans!

I attended the Invitations Cup last Sunday, my first visit to Hendon's new home. Well not my first visit to the ground as I will explain. I am a local resident a few streets away and was a regular when Kingsbury played at SJP and became quite a fan of the club from back round the 85 season when Kingsbury had a very good side indeed. I stopped attending when Kingsbury London Tigers emerged I didn't actually know that Edgware Town have already been playing at SJP for a couple of years. However when I heard that Hendon would call SJP it's new home I was pretty excited to be honest. My loyalties lie with the original KT but I'll be happy to support Hendon from now on and attend when I can.

A few side points about my first visit. The ground has been done up to a very nice standard. The pitch is good but doesn't seem to roll too well when dry. Will it play better when it's wet I wonder?

No other complaints apart from the admission fee at £10. I realise that that's the average for the Ryman Premier but it still feels too much. Normally I spend Saturday afternoon's in the bookies but I might well have to come to Hendon a bit more. Good luck for the coming season!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hello Hendon

By John Rogers27/7/2016 16:43Wed Jul 27 16:43:23 2016In response to Hello HendonTop of thread

Views: 2432

Welcome to Hendon at SJP, PF.

Just to answer your point regarding the pitch. Yes, the ball does roll better when it is wet - it has a nice zip off the surface, much like playing on a nice flat pitch of grass. In warm weather, it has a little tendency to perhaps stick a little, but for me the general spectacle is much better than watching a game on a rock hard, dusty, bobbly surface as you might get during a dry winter or in the Spring.

Hope to see you at plenty of games during the coming months. It's a very exciting time.

Hello PF

By Simon27/7/2016 15:16Wed Jul 27 15:16:06 2016In response to Hello HendonTop of thread

Views: 2249

Thanks for your post PF.

With regard to admission prices, don't forget that we offer a season ticket covering all 23 home League matches for just £160 - that works out to be just under £7 per match if you can manage to stay out of the bookies all season!

We're very excited about the potential that our move to SJP has created and we hope to see you there soon and often. I know it's a bit of cliche but please help us even further by bringing your friends and family with you.

Simon

Previous thread: Great News by dw23/7/2016 00:18Sat Jul 23 00:18:32 2016view thread