Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Youth Teams by StAlbansDon12/5/2016 13:37Thu May 12 13:37:24 2016view thread

Fantastic news

By David B9/5/2016 12:44Mon May 9 12:44:57 2016

Views: 3112

I am amazed no one has been on the Forum since Saturday evening after the announcement that ? subject to FA ratification ? Silver Jubilee Park has been granted the C grading necessary for us to play Ryman League Premier Division football there next season.

To Rob, Simon, Graham, Mike, Tom, Dave and everyone else who has contributed time and effort to the cause, I want to put on record my enormous thanks.

I also want to say thank you to Peter Rogers and the Harrow board for their generosity and kindness as landlords for the past three seasons.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Fantastic news

By Walworth Mark B11/5/2016 23:18Wed May 11 23:18:13 2016In response to Fantastic newsTop of thread

Views: 2955

Well said David. Well done to all that have brought the club back from the wilderness. Great news indeed.

By Claremont Man9/5/2016 15:37Mon May 9 15:37:12 2016In response to Fantastic newsTop of thread

Views: 3123

I would certainly like to add my thanks to everyone involved in the SJP project for making the dream a reality.Without doubt a lot of hard work has gone on behind the scenes and we should all be extremely grateful to those that have toiled so diligently to ensure that the living out of a suitcase days are over after nigh on 8 years. One man of course stands out from the rest, miracle worker Rob Morris.Sir,we all owe you big time.May your cup runneth over with your favourite tipple.

By dw10/5/2016 07:26Tue May 10 07:26:47 2016In response to Re: Fantastic newsTop of thread

Views: 3102

In 46 years of supporting Hendon, last Saturday evening's announcement by Simon was one of the most memorable single moments that I have experienced. Nobody in the room (other than a very small handful of people) knew that the SJP news was about to break. Strangely, though, I had spotted a sudden blltz of very optimistic Hendon FC Twitter postings on Saturday morning, and thought has something actually happened?......The whole evening was so positive and enjoyable. It was also my first chance to see the new additions and works at the ground. It is simply amazing. I fully endorse all the other thanks to so many people. Well done!

Edited by dw at 07:40:24 on 10th May 2016

By John Rogers10/5/2016 07:47Tue May 10 07:47:15 2016In response to Re: Fantastic newsTop of thread

Views: 3125

Spot on dw, it was a truly great moment when Simon announced the news, one of those 'goose bump' moments for sure. I thought the way he made the announcement was excellent.

The evening itself was a really strong indictment of the board and first team management's vision for an all-encompassing club. A very strong youth team presence alongside the first team and deserved awards for all concerned - and it wasn't without emotion with not only the news of SJP, but also Gary's speech toasting absent friends.

I thought, in particular, the management team's choice of Alex Barrett as clubman of the year was a really lovely touch, given the tough time he has been through in the last six weeks or so and the time and money he must have gotten through over the last couple of years taking his Mum home and away - even to the most godforsaken and inaccessible places - all in the pursuit of supporting the team.

The whole thing, seeing SJP in its finished state (completely unrecognisable from this time last year) has left me chomping at the bit to get next season under way now.

Well done to everyone who has played a part, however small, in keeping HFC alive over the last seven and a half years and getting us to this point.

By Deadman10/5/2016 12:22Tue May 10 12:22:58 2016In response to Re: Fantastic newsTop of thread

Views: 3035

Agree with all the sentiments expressed by others and would like to add my own thanks to the people at Harrow Borough FC, who have been so welcoming and helpful.

So....who is technically minded enough to get a nice picture of SJP onto our website homepage? (in lieu of the terracing at HBFC).

By Hendonboy10/5/2016 12:31Tue May 10 12:31:35 2016In response to Re: Fantastic newsTop of thread

Views: 3010

Hello - that's my job... I need to get down to SJP to take some new artsy photos suitable for that spot as soon as I can (those few photos were taken at the Rushden game the other year with that slot specifically in mind). Unfortunately am in the middle of moving home so it may be a few weeks yet. Do keep an eye on that space though :)

By StAlbansDon10/5/2016 16:37Tue May 10 16:37:36 2016In response to Re: Fantastic newsTop of thread

Views: 3009

The ground grading recommendation was the latest hurdle and probably the biggest that we have had to get over. In two years we have put together 18 youth teams, with five winning their leagues this season and three in cup finals. Our community coaching programme is flourishing and we have nearly two hundred children who have been introduced to football through Hendon FC. In total there are in excess of 500 children from approximately 350 families that are now part of Hendon FC. A partnership that has local schools playing matches and using the excellent facilities at SJP. In conjunction with Soccer Chance USA we have an academy to be proud of that gives you people an education whilst playing football. A community hub that has many users not just football fans. Hendon FC is about to become the sustainable community club that should see a bright green future for generations.
ps only the floodlights to sort out before the new season

By Paul Butler (buts1690)11/5/2016 00:48Wed May 11 00:48:33 2016In response to Re: Fantastic newsTop of thread

Views: 2966

Must add that thanks to Rob's superb backing the club will also be represented in the Middlesex Darts Superleague next season playing in the clubhouse at SJP and hosting the annual New Year's Open competition which goes from strength to strength.

Previous thread: Fantastic News by lesskinner10/5/2016 12:14Tue May 10 12:14:03 2016view thread