Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Discipline by Mike Cox19/8/2015 17:31Wed Aug 19 17:31:18 2015view thread

Simply Brilliant Result

By rwakeley8/9/2015 21:48Tue Sep 8 21:48:01 2015

Views: 2703

Stonking result - Well done to one and all.
Pleased for the Gaffer - Rang the changes and the lads have produced a fantastic demonstration of bloody single mindedness.
Shows what we are truly capable of. Let's carry it forward onto Saturday and climb this table.
Very pleased with that result.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Simply Brilliant Result

By Simon8/9/2015 21:59Tue Sep 8 21:59:50 2015In response to Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2727

And before anyone asks, Aaron's red card was a poor poor decision from a ref who seemed determined to be noticed.

By Jeff Hill (Malc)8/9/2015 22:08Tue Sep 8 22:08:53 2015In response to Re: Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2681

Bought a train ticket, then too ill to travel. Perhaps I should stay away more often. Watched the updates on the vidi printer, more tense than being there. Was it direct red or 2 yellows? What length of ban this time?

By SteveHFC8/9/2015 22:17Tue Sep 8 22:17:47 2015In response to Re: Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2650

If it was a straight red - which I fear it was - it'll be a four match ban. Three for the red, and one for it being his second of the season.

Sam's suspension begins on Saturday. Aaron's will start on 22nd September.

That's a great result tonight. Hopefully it'll give us the spark to kick on as we move into the FA Cup on Saturday, and then back in the league in ten days time.

Edited by SteveHFC at 22:20:26 on 8th September 2015

By essex don8/9/2015 23:00Tue Sep 8 23:00:19 2015In response to Re: Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2703

fantastic result twice coming from behind at 1-0 and 2-1 gain a deserved 4-2 win.on the red cards theirs was 2 yellows one for a foul the 2nd for dissent then Aarons was a straight red for a challenge which in my opinion was just a tackle where he lost control of the ball and caught their left back who screamed and went flying up in the air.aaron caught him on the foot it wasn't high and without having already issued one red this would only have been a yellow card.on the ref he was talking to the etu players using their first names yet their bench after their red card shouted you should stick to kids games every time your here you ruin the f*****g game.all in all I thought the ref had a reasonable game Aarons red aside.

By Deadman8/9/2015 23:26Tue Sep 8 23:26:11 2015In response to Re: Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2805

Aaron's red was clumsy rather than malicious. He was a bit bull in a china shop but it looked more of a yellow to me.

Their bloke was upset at the non-award of a penalty (he had a very good case) and tried to call the ref to him "so I don't have to shout at you" but obviously the ref wasn't having that so carried on moving away. This upset matey even more so he complained even more forcefully...and that's when the ref had enough and sent him off.

All that aside, this was a good attacking performance, with both full-backs pushing right on and creating channels for our strikers/Da Costa/Bettache to move into. The tempo was very impressive, as was the switching of play which really stretched ETU. The combination play at times was top class (helped by the superb pitch) and there were really powerful surges into the box from Oli and Leon for the penalty and 3rd goal.

Gary pulled a master stroke with his substitutions and change of positions. Murphy from left wing into centre midfield, Bettache to the left (although he did well on the right too) and Da Costa to the right just took the tempo and penetration up a few notches.

In summary; ETU had lots of shots first half (a couple saved by Melvin) but we had some good moments too. Second half, we came out early, looked up for it and were the better side, although I do think we got lucky when not conceding a penalty for Dave's challenge. We scored at vital times, they lost their cool a bit, Ryan headed one off the line at 3-2, Melvin gave a very promising performance in goal....and we deserved to win a really entertaining game.

By Deadman8/9/2015 23:30Tue Sep 8 23:30:30 2015In response to Re: Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2634

Ps....or maybe Ryan headed off the line at 2-2? Memory's gone! Anyway....good header Ryan...well done!!

By Deadman9/9/2015 09:18Wed Sep 9 09:18:50 2015In response to Re: Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2595

And I've just remembered ETU hit the post at 1-0. Maybe our luck is changing.....

By Mike Cox9/9/2015 17:49Wed Sep 9 17:49:02 2015In response to Re: Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2541

For once I'm not going to moan about another red card for Aaron - I wasn't at the game, so I can't in fairness have another rant about discipline (at least not for the moment!).
All the best to the squad for what looks like a very difficult FA Cup game at Sudbury. (I am probably wrong but I seem to remember going to Sudbury not too long ago to see us thrashed 5-1). Don't worry, I can't make it on Saturday - so have a good one lads.

By Hendonboy9/9/2015 18:20Wed Sep 9 18:20:55 2015In response to Re: Simply Brilliant ResultTop of thread

Views: 2527

We were indeed thrashed last time there. Dismal would be a generous description for our performance that day. With that said, we've come a long way since then and the fact they've now got a synthetic pitch over their grass one (which from memory played okay, but was far from flat) will suit us better than the old one did.

Previous thread: AFC Sudbury Travel by Jeff Hill30/8/2015 11:49Sun Aug 30 11:49:19 2015view thread