Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Website front page by Paul Butler20/4/2015 03:00Mon Apr 20 03:00:30 2015view thread

Cup Final Highlights

By Paul Butler (buts1690)17/4/2015 18:09Fri Apr 17 18:09:10 2015

Views: 4622

Thanks to whoever posted this on Youtube (no signing up for a shyster's website required!) - half hour of highlights from Wednesday night. Split into three parts - links as follows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y90SuJpVPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMjImIEQPuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcOmFOB3fCw

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Cup Final Highlights

By Simon17/4/2015 19:30Fri Apr 17 19:30:38 2015In response to Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4349

Football Exclusives highlights - better camera angle and commentary - is now available on their website, free of charge.

I can't agree with the "shyster" comment Paul. Football Exclusives is a business and perfectly entitled to make a profit. Of every £5 that is paid as a monthly subscription, £2 goes back to the club that the subscriber supports.

By John Fordham (Agingdon)17/4/2015 21:03Fri Apr 17 21:03:34 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4399

Has anyone a link to the Football Exclusives highlights?

Totally agree with Simon on Paul's comment. I think he should consider making a formal apology otherwise lawyers might be banging on his door. Dictionary definition of 'shyster'

"a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business."

In no way that can be applied to Football Exclusives.

By Simon17/4/2015 21:16Fri Apr 17 21:16:26 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4569

Try this ......

http://footballexclusives.com/

By Paul Butler (buts1690)18/4/2015 05:42Sat Apr 18 05:42:42 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4453

Free to people who sign up, and probably get your email address spammed even worse than they do on forums and social media!

By Paul Butler (buts1690)18/4/2015 06:01Sat Apr 18 06:01:45 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4395

I say the same about fans forums that are "sign up to view" - especially ones that post multiple ads wherever they can.

As someone who did our video highlights (and distributed them free online without any sign up shite) for a few years, only covering expenses by the sale of full match DVDs as and when they were wanted, this mob and their aggressive profiteering rather rankles me.

Good to see a few clubs at this level still have someone doing free highlights, Maidstone, Margate and Hornchurch to give examples.

By Hendonboy18/4/2015 08:46Sat Apr 18 08:46:54 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4613

That's why certain club forums have vanished from the list above. Register to post is fine, but no time for those clubs that want to make it a private club. Once signed up for Heybridge's one and I still get emails assuming I'm a fan.

With the FootballExclusives lot I don't begrudge them their subscriptions for Dulwich/Hampton et all, but I fail to understand why their free stuff is behind a sign up page and not easily searchable (would be the best advertising they could get), why it's not categorised by club as well as league, nor why there isn't an option to pay say £2 for a single video... £5 a month is a bad deal if some months there's no content of any interest to you half the time.

Personally, my preferred model would be similar to yours: an official YouTube channel run by volunteers with pre/post roll ads to help cover costs/earn a few pennies for the club. No commentary, but a few overlays for teams, goalscorers etc. Most of us unfortunately (and understandably) don't have someone willing and able to regularly film and edit the videos. Ultimately I see it as advertising for clubs rather than a money stream, but I don't begrudge anyone without a volunteer working with FootballExclusives instead.

For me, you were a bit harsh on them, even though I don't like the business model that much, but John was equally harsh on you in response.

As an aside, does anyone have any idea who's responsible for the HendonFC TV channel that's appeared recently on YouTube? I can't find any contact details.

HFCTV Youtube

By Paul Butler (buts1690)18/4/2015 12:23Sat Apr 18 12:23:51 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4474

I think that's the Hutton clan, certainly a few posts in the Fans of Hendon FC group on Facebook regarding it.

Re: HFCTV Youtube

By Hendonboy18/4/2015 21:55Sat Apr 18 21:55:03 2015In response to HFCTV YoutubeTop of thread

Views: 4480

I'm a bit confused to be honest - there's three channels, two of which I know about and the third I'm stumped on:

/www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qO5yVgnPXk_mDRXm_tH6g is "Fans of Hendon FC TV", which is the one I know the Hutton clan (with John Rice?) have been doing. Some quite nice older stuff on there from the archives.
/www.youtube.com/user/HendonFCOfficial is a channel that I reserved just in case for the future. It's got some playlists going back a few years, although no videos of it's own and I've not bothered to keep the playlists up to date.
/www.youtube.com/channel/UCopR7q_8k8lsKsCVs1S64nA is the one I was wondering about, as it's got current content. My assumption was that it's been instigated by the marketing team, but the one guy I've had contact with knows nothing about it. Would quite like to touch base with whoever's behind it to find out whether we should be looking to integrate with the website, they want the URL I've reserved etc (like Margate), or whether it's an independent thing a-la Maidstone. Or indeed if it's something they're not sure that's going to be a long term project and they're just experiementing with for now.

By nickhfc19/4/2015 14:31Sun Apr 19 14:31:10 2015In response to Re: HFCTV YoutubeTop of thread

Views: 4681

HB : the person that does the hendon fc tv YouTube page is Andrew the photographer and one other if you want his email address I have it and can pass it on via email if you need it .

By Hendonboy19/4/2015 15:18Sun Apr 19 15:18:32 2015In response to Re: HFCTV YoutubeTop of thread

Views: 4482

As in the guy who does photos for the papers? Cheers Nick - I've already got his email address. Will drop him a line.

By nickhfc19/4/2015 19:07Sun Apr 19 19:07:08 2015In response to Re: HFCTV YoutubeTop of thread

Views: 4387

yes mate that's the guy !!

By Weymuff Don18/4/2015 22:23Sat Apr 18 22:23:06 2015In response to Re: HFCTV YoutubeTop of thread

Views: 4499

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qO5yVgnPXk_mDRXm_tH6g - Fans Of Hendon FC TV
is the channel that John Rice and myself set up to go alongside the Facebook group that we set up - https://www.facebook.com/groups/FansOfHendonFC/

Just lots of videos that I have collected over the years and have uploaded to the channel plus John Rice went
through Youtube and added lots of other videos of Hendon to create 'Playlists' on there

I was also wondering who was behind the channel with the Maidstone match footage, be great to have up
to date footage posted from every match but might also have been better to have everything on just one channel

By Simon18/4/2015 08:35Sat Apr 18 08:35:06 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4501

Signed up months ago and have not had one marketing or sales email since.

Individual clubs are, of course, able to do their own thing but, your initiative aside, we have not been able to find anyone who was willing and able to film our matches and conduct interviews with players and management staff.

For the many clubs who don't have the same resources available as Maidstone, Margate and the like, companies like Football Exclusives offer a service that means that those who can't get to the games can see (literally) what's going on.

At the end of the day, it's a paid service that is available to all. If you want it, you have to pay for it. If you don't want it, you don't have to pay.

Seems fair enough to me.

By Paul Butler (buts1690)18/4/2015 10:24Sat Apr 18 10:24:05 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4344

Point taken, and if advertised on a public forum, people should be allowed to give their opinions on it.

By Simon18/4/2015 10:29Sat Apr 18 10:29:15 2015In response to Re: Cup Final HighlightsTop of thread

Views: 4342

Absolutely - and no-one is suggesting otherwise.

See you later.

Previous thread: Grays Athletic 2-3 Hendon - Robert Dyas Cup by footballexclusives.com17/4/2015 12:53Fri Apr 17 12:53:23 2015view thread