Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Grays by John Fordham7/4/2015 10:28Tue Apr 7 10:28:08 2015view thread

Champions elect ????

By mello4/4/2015 19:17Sat Apr 4 19:17:04 2015

Views: 3125

A hard fought game, not much to choose between the teams. Both teams showing each other respect....then bam Maidstone score and I thought we would struggle as they poured forward...but no!!! The cat and mouse game resumed till Andre de Costa`s free kick...becoming a beckham-esk trademark. 1-1 at half time. The second half was as close as the first......till the penalty!!! After Sam Murphy converted to give us a 2-1 lead we played out the remainder of the second half largely untroubled, as Maidstone were reduced to ten men.

Come on the greens, only Wingate, Margate and Dulwich stand in our way....ouch!!! but with this squad of players and management team I for one believe that we can do something. Lastly good luck to Maidstone they have a great support and a good team......for the playoffs

reply to this article | return to the front page

Winners

By The Bossman6/4/2015 22:11Mon Apr 6 22:11:04 2015In response to Champions elect ????Top of thread

Views: 2867

Winners and leaders are what we are seeing all over the field. Congratulations to Gary and his team and all the boys on the pitch. Let's keep it together for 5 more games! DREAM................

Re: Winners

By The Bossman6/4/2015 22:11Mon Apr 6 22:11:32 2015In response to WinnersTop of thread

Views: 2876

No text

Re: Champions elect ????

By ChrisHFC4/4/2015 19:52Sat Apr 4 19:52:19 2015In response to Champions elect ????Top of thread

Views: 3064

Don't forget Grays, AFC Honchurch and Leiston - none of those will be easy, particularly as Hornchurch may still be scrapping to stay up. Grays stand third in the current form table behind ourselves and Enfield Town, and we have to play the league match there three days after the league cup final.

Sam's penalty today was our 100th league and cup goal this season - unless my records are wrong (always possible).

Wonder how many Maidstone supporters will be at Margate on Thursday in Kentish solidarity - the expectation that Margate will take points off us.

By Deadman4/4/2015 20:30Sat Apr 4 20:30:11 2015In response to Re: Champions elect ????Top of thread

Views: 3030

A key moment was Oliver Spague's headed clearance off the line at 0-1 from a bullet header. Maidstone also blazed over late on with the goal gaping but overall we were good value for a narrow win.

There were many strong performances today but full credit to the back four and our centre midfield for holding things together. Up front Kezie Ibe ran his heart out down the channels and Aaron Morgan provided moments of quality...especially the ball through for the penalty. My MOM...Oli Sprague....slow start but a superb 2nd half.

Hugely enjoyable ride so far.....next stop Finchley.

By John Rogers5/4/2015 00:17Sun Apr 5 00:17:44 2015In response to Re: Champions elect ????Top of thread

Views: 3095

We may not win the title in three weeks time, but boy can we revel in another excellent performance against what is unquestionably the strongest side I've seen this season, with the exception of Ebbsfleet in the Trophy.

I would rather be in Maidstone's position right now, five points is a good cushion at this stage, especially given our run-in. However, given the determination, effort and belief the boys keep showing I'm not ruling anything out.

And rather than pontificating on how good, bad or indifferent we, they, or the officials were, I'm content to sit back and enjoy the ride for the time being.

A home draw guaranteed in the play-offs - if you'd have offered me that eight months ago, I'd have happily sold my soul.

Quick mention to the Maidstone fans - really good bunch coming through the turnstiles who gave their side great backing. Didn't turn on them like some other sides one could mention when behind and kept singing until the end. Some slightly unsavoury gestures from some as they were leaving the ground, but very much a minority.

Good luck to them for the rest of the season - may the best side win it!

By Mike Cox5/4/2015 16:02Sun Apr 5 16:02:32 2015In response to Re: Champions elect ????Top of thread

Views: 2894

Let's not get carried away - there's a lot more for the squad's (and the supporters'!) tired bodies and minds to endure. However, whatever happens, Gary and the team have done us proud this season. The players' attitude throughout has been brilliant and this was never better shown than yesterday's performance against Maidstone when we came back after being totally outplayed for most of the first half to secure a memorable victory. I will savour Andre's strike for a long, long time.
I am very proud to be a Hendon supporter!

Previous thread: Maidstone by John Fordham2/4/2015 10:21Thu Apr 2 10:21:10 2015view thread