Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Margate Away by John Rogers11/3/2015 08:52Wed Mar 11 08:52:30 2015view thread

Hampton Away

By Jeff Hill (Malc)8/3/2015 07:42Sun Mar 8 07:42:53 2015

Views: 2822

Ok, so it was disappointing not to come away with all three points, especially as we were twice in front, but I don't agree that we threw it away. We didn't dominate, didn't create and miss a million chances, so I don't think it was a bad result (and I won't mention the ref, well ok I will, he was an absolute &@x!).
But there were positives.
Our rivals had a bad day once again. Another of Kevin's games out of the way. We now have a long throw option. Aaron hasn't got a broken leg after that assault at the end of the first half. We have a new nickname (come on The Town, had to be there). And we won't run into Mr Moon again this season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hampton Away

By rwakeley8/3/2015 11:42Sun Mar 8 11:42:16 2015In response to Hampton AwayTop of thread

Views: 2718

I thought we dropped two points - period. On the critical front, based solely on the ninety yesterday, I thought were guilty of taking our foot of the gas and conceding too many corners. On the plus side, in the ascendancy, I thought we were fluent and posed a genuine danger.
Dropped in just to express my view on the lad Ibe. The lad's physical effort throughout the campaign has been exceptional. Yesterday he battled, he held the ball up and their number five was literally all over him.
What an acquisition. His strike-partner Azza is coming on nicely. A decent strike from him for his goal.
I believe you can see and sense the all-round improvement and development of the players, individually and collectively. I still maintain we can improve, especially with our creative approach play.
Once on the plastic at SJP I believe our style can adapt to facilitating our all round play. Less stuff in the air.
In an underlying sense irrespective of mistakes or days where we don't fire on all cylinders there remains a
solidity - when we don't deliver our best performances we generally remain unbeaten.
That is one very impressive trait.

Re: Hampton Away

By jimsredwhiteandgreen10/3/2015 11:34Tue Mar 10 11:34:13 2015In response to Re: Hampton AwayTop of thread

Views: 2555

Not had the pleasure to watch too many of our games this season so as the sun was out, decided to make the trip. Took us a good 20 minutes to get in our stride and slowly started to chip away at their defence and find their weakness. The opener was a classy move, decent cross and a lovely glancing header. Thought we would push on from that and go in 2 or 3 nil up.

Second half proved to be another physical affair from hampton and the quality of their pitch allowed us to play our passing game at periods, but after the equaliser we resorted to hitting the channels a bit more.

I was stood directly in line with the penalty appeal, and you will never see a more blatant handball ever. The defender was playing volleyball and knocked it off with the palm of his hand for a corner. Only myself, my boy and ( Smith or Morgan ) being the only one's who had clear view of it and of course the linesman, who decided to ignore it all. To be fair to the ref ( on this occasion ) he was running towards the play so he would have only seen the defenders back.

As said Gary made the changes late on and we threw everything at them going forward but just couldn't find a winner. Onwards and upwards....

Previous thread: A bad Moone rising (or sick of the sight of) by David B9/3/2015 12:38Mon Mar 9 12:38:36 2015view thread