Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 0-0 Banker? by mike cox16/1/2014 16:12Thu Jan 16 16:12:14 2014view thread

Another good...

By Bry (legacy user)11/1/2014 20:51Sat Jan 11 20:51:17 2014

Views: 4564

...shift in France for the team today. Hard to pick out any individual performances , as the whole team worked very hard and combined to produce some very impressive passages of play. Thommo's winner was sweet and hopefully ample consolation for his magnificent effort in the first half that hit the bar. Could have been about 12-5 in fairness.

Other high points were a vocal home support, a damn fine double cheeseburger and some high quality parakeets.

Low points were a record number of Hendon offsides and another disappointing away support. I know a few people are away / skint / working, but would be good to see more people there. I'll try and remember to offer spare car places on here in future.

Anyway, another top drawer shift from the squad & management team.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Another good day at the office

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)11/1/2014 21:31Sat Jan 11 21:31:03 2014In response to Another good...Top of thread

Views: 4226

The warm glow of three points safely tucked away on a long journey home, a lovely feeling. And one this team has provided so often this season.
Again a friendly home crowd whose singing was superb. Disappointed that a few locals decided to try and block my view during the first half, perhaps they took a dislike to my lucky orange hat.
Stand out performances for me were Michael Bryan (they couldn't handle him in the first half, doubled up against him in the second), Lee O'Leary and the two Maclarens.
And a special mention for agent McCluskey who had an assist in Canvey's second goal.

Re: Another good day at the office

By eddieedd (legacy user)13/1/2014 19:43Mon Jan 13 19:43:20 2014In response to Another good day at the officeTop of thread

Views: 4224

I rewarded myself with a couple of cheeky beers to help me home. In addition to the win it was great to discuss with a local not only how good we looked second half but also how we should have got more out of the Maidstone game the previous week. Discerning people the men of Kent.
For those who missed out this week, some of our best away fixtures , for different reasons , are coming up. Billericay- might find some Splash contestants on show ...., Lewes - great place to visit ,good beer and food at the ground, 5 mins from the train station, Kingstonian - should be a cracking game and then come our friends at Wealdstone, always interesting, never dull........., take your pick but as Bry says it would be great for the boys to get a bit more support , they deserve it.

Previous thread: Margate tomorrow by Jeff Hill10/1/2014 19:49Fri Jan 10 19:49:07 2014view thread