Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Carshalton game postponed by SteveHFC7/1/2014 12:59Tue Jan 7 12:59:17 2014view thread

Maidstone

By Bry (legacy user)4/1/2014 20:45Sat Jan 4 20:45:06 2014

Views: 4787

Good afternoon out today, somewhat against the odds.
The performance today was immense, second half in particular. From my angle, the red for Jeff seemed harsh. No real intent and the reaction of their bench and team had as much to do with the red as the offence itself.
We looked very much in it for the rest of the game and I don't think there would have been a great deal of disbelief if we'd won it. Great credit to the boys on and off the pitch. Had to frequently remind myself we had 10 for a lot of the second half.

3G pitch a no-brainer at this level; nice ground and a very friendly bunch.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Maidstone

By SteveHFC (legacy user)4/1/2014 20:58Sat Jan 4 20:58:26 2014In response to MaidstoneTop of thread

Views: 4461

Really enjoyed that today. Performance was superb, particularly second half as Bryan says. We never looked out of the game with ten men, and had a couple of chances to nick all three points.

Off the pitch - what an excellent experience. One of the friendliest welcomes we've had on an away trip, stewards, club officials and supporters alike. Certain clubs could learn a hell of a lot from the way Maidstone go about things.

Also agree regarding 3G pitches, a complete no-brainer at our level. It was good to be able to go to a game today, knowing that the weather wouldn't cause a postponement or abandonment.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

Truely Epic Performance

By rwakeley (legacy user)5/1/2014 00:25Sun Jan 5 00:25:48 2014In response to Re: MaidstoneTop of thread

Views: 4457

Both the Stones and the Gods threw all they had at us, including the kitchen sink.
We showed intencity, guile, resolution and composure.
There was depth to our game, an overriding determination to step up a gear when required.
I have never seen rain like that at a football match. Maybe it galvanized us. The selection and attitude was exemplorary. I even thought the Ref had a good ninety.
There were times when the defence, which has been so much at fault, played with distain and were almost dismissive of the opposition. The composure at the back was faultless, but in no way disguised a tremendous amount of hard-work.
In some respects I think that was a bit of an eye-opener. We went in what maybe the champions back-yard and matched them pound for pound.
That niney will be stored away in the memory bank for a very long time - we were exceptional.

rwakeley

Re: Truely Epic Performance

By Colchester Don (legacy user)6/1/2014 21:11Mon Jan 6 21:11:26 2014In response to Truely Epic PerformanceTop of thread

Views: 4331

A memorable away day - was it in spite of the weather, or because of it, I'm not sure, but 3G...Wow. never seen anything like it. The last time I saw a live game on an artificial pitch was Gary Waddock's testimonial at QPR in 1987. Incomparable.

Impressed by the Gallagher. It's near the station for a start, not next to some boring bypass on the edge of town (ie Col Utd). But for me, the decision to erect a conservatory behind the goal and stick a bar in it is just...well, inspired!

Pleased with the result. Was too far away to see the sending off incident, it was as if someone in the main stand pressed an ejector seat button - I've never seen a bench get up so quick. It only hastened the ref's decision. Because of the rain I was in the unusual situation of sheltering behind the Hendon goal so had a good view of the Green's defence first half and thought they were assured and well organised. I hope highlights are put on you tube cos I'd like to see Thomas' sublime pass again. Stones fans had a big shout for a penalty late on, my initial reaction was you can't give a penalty just cos the no 15's run a long way and fallen over, but happy to be corrected by anyone who was closer to it.

Some frustration on the Stones board, but with 600 season tickets sold and facilities like that, they'll do alright and I wish them all the best.

Re: Truely Epic Performance

By John Fordham (legacy user)7/1/2014 10:43Tue Jan 7 10:43:42 2014In response to Re: Truely Epic PerformanceTop of thread

Views: 4288

Have to agree with all that's been said about:
1. Hospitality at Maidstone. As an example, get welcomed as walk in through the turnstiles by friendly groundstaff member who points out all the facilities at the stadium. Supporters were very friendly bunch.
2. Thoroughly deserved a point - best defensive performance I've seen this season and, no, was definitely not a penalty when their winger went on his great run in to the penalty area late on - agreed with by all Maidstone supporters surrounding me.
3. Use of a 3G pitch really is no-brainer.

What baffles me is the official reason for Louis being sent off. Incident happened not too far away from me. Louis definitely went in very hard with his elbow into the body of the Maidstone player, in the kidney region - this was agreed with by all the Maidstone supporters surrounding me, by Eddie in the bar at half-time and, as it transpires, by the initial Twitter feed to HFC website. Whether accidental or not, was very obviously an immediate red card. Why the 'official' reason for sending him off was for a slap in the face is beyond me - didn't happen in my opinion. Maybe the ref didn't actually see the incident and made up a reason after the Maidstone players reaction, I don't know.

Great day out in appalling weather/

Previous thread: Wealdstone game postponed by SteveHFC6/1/2014 13:06Mon Jan 6 13:06:01 2014view thread