Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Swindon Supermarine v hfc"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Swindon Supermarine v hfc

By rwakeley17/11/2019 11:35Sun Nov 17 11:35:14 2019In response to Re: Swindon Supermarine v hfc

Views: 1792

Touching on Rainham's comments. It's all about recruitment, recruitment, recruitment. I agree with his take on the potential whisperings on the potential developments. Comes with a new managerial appointment. Wholesale changes. Just another week at Hendon. I do think we have the nucleus of a real damn good side. The creative, passing aspect is basically what's missing. What transpires is going to be rather interesting to say the least and will probably formulate exactly how much work needs to be done in the next pre-season.
With regards, specifically to the lad Lucien. I think we have to give the lad a bit of a break. To a man, most would have been un-impressed with his first visit. In a different team, he may well prove a different proposition. Yesterday, I thought he showed more pace than what I've seen. I never saw him previously get to the by-line and cross before. If he turns viable, then that trait in this division, is useful weapon. It's factors like this is why I want someone on the edge of our defence distributing the ball out to these types. Luke yesterday in his central defensive role had several opportunities to distribute and did so, but from his starting position doesn't get the same precision when delivering down the channels. We really need to execute this better otherwise balls will just get over-hit.
Early impressions, I like the look of Lee with regards to how he has us organised. A key word missing from our vocabulary. I want to see the physicality aspects of any new players. Creative midfield types in this league are diminutive in stature and quick. We need some of that vibrancy in the middle of the park. We have no passing game, lots of effort. I do think this lad Lee will stick to a plan, that's half the battle.
I thought Tom was stellar at the back. I perceive SJP as a working laboratory. It's experimental. The scope for us once functional is evident. quickly. I've been typing that for 18 months! I looked at the fans yesterday. Everyone is so down-trodden. Hopefully, we will soon start to see the formulation of a coherent side. I see no reason why not. We have un-deniable talent and huge scope in terms for upside. Time is the unknown factor. We'll get there simply because, in some respects, I think it's harder not to. When it does come good, I one intend to bloody enjoy it. If the gaffer delivers the goods, next challenge for the lad - get the trains sorted! Now there's a real challenge!