Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Swindon Supermarine v hfc"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Swindon Supermarine v hfc

By rwakeley17/11/2019 11:13Sun Nov 17 11:13:04 2019In response to Re: Swindon Supermarine v hfc

Views: 1750

I do this stuff in parts. I'm a waffler! First part - Swindon.
Typical, predictable visit as per on the pitch. 2 mins in already had an identical feel in terms of style from the previous visit. I thought both teams were slightly off in terms of comparable fluency. The fact we are where we are and they had established a 2 goal lead probably contributing factors. The goals changed the overall feel.
Big Dave's return at SJP. I thought the lad played well, but he did let his attacker turn him/wriggle away and get a shot from the edge of the box - same with Sergio yesterday. As for the keeper's role in the goal, well there is a Dante headline in that somewhere. Back to Sergio, I'll be honest. I would have let that lad go quicker than toxic waste. Last 2 outings, I think the lad has done well playing alongside Ryan. How and if that perception, if at all, fits in going further down the line. God only knows. I think the lad has proven this particular doubter wrong. Well played to the lad. How he fits in at SJP in a defensive solitary role, there's a lot of unknowns. He's certainly put in a shift. To be fair to the lads, I thought they all did. The second goal, quintessential Swindon-ee, (ish), move you could telegraph it. It was all too easy, but credit also where it is due. I do think Swindon is the one place in this league I've been to where you go in feeling as if both teams are going to have spells. I think it's un-predicatble, you don't get the chance to dominate, when chances come, you have to take them. Back in a bit....