Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Next up"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Next up

By David B7/10/2019 12:36Mon Oct 7 12:36:00 2019In response to Re: Next up

Views: 1863

Arabic for chasm? Seriously, I am not sure if I was more disappointed at half-time or full-time. The last 15 minutes of the first half were desperate ? this after an even opening 30. Overall, two penalties, both soft, a free-kick ? needlessly conceded ? and a rebound from the post off the keeper for an own goal; those are four awful goals defensively.

But none were as weird as our second. If I was coaching an under-7s team, I would have been more than angry that my goalkeeper had wondered off to the half-way line after we scored. I?ve seen the H&YU film of the incident and not only was the assistant referee aware of the goalkeeper, but also both the red 3 and Ogo Obi had seen Jack Smith away from his goal receiving attention from his bench on the half-way line. I don?t think I have ever seen a referee count the players on the pitch at a restart following a goal. The bottom line the goalkeeper has to be held responsible if, for nothing else, a complete failure to communicate. I thought the Leatherhead own goal in spring 2016 was craziest goal I had seen, but I think this tops it.