Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Outclassed - Part 1"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Outclassed - Part 1

By rwakeley28/9/2019 22:00Sat Sep 28 22:00:11 2019

Views: 1731

So much to write - need segments! Today beaten by a very efficient Poole side. No particular qualms in that, other than the following:- I go back to the Billericay friendly. I came down for a night game, hotel job for that one. Never done that before. One reason only. They exhibit the championship credentials the sides at the very top of what we have to face in our league dipict. Hence, Billers, The Terras and Poole today - same credentials. That's the benchmark. Billers night. I raved, whooped! 'That pass' from the back - (they tried one today). The lad Tingey masterful, we matched them, built from the back. Compare that to today! I went into today with one intention - to watch the lad Connor and our wonderful trait of knocking everything skyward in his direction. The first damn dozen goal-kicks all at him - he lost them all. It was the 44th min before he won one. I'm not getting at the lad, you would fancy any top centre-half to dominate - and they both did. It's the fact that we have forsaken any attempt at playing creative football to concentrate on such a frankly benign usage of play. In contrast their centre-backs, I thought were absolutely top draw. The Terras, Zubar-esque, playing from the back and spreading the ball wide a la Billers and the The Terras. What truely annoys/mystifys me is that we've done it, albiet sparodically ourselves. Pressing higher from the back line instinctivly puts the opposition on the back foot and pens them in. Pretty sound logic. We play passes into the feet of the front-men over twenty yards - there's little in the way of stringing passes together or creativity. Yet on paper, you can make the reasonable argument we have stronger personnel.