Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Yate v Hfc - Logistically speaking"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Yate v Hfc - Logistically speaking

By rwakeley1/9/2019 11:41Sun Sep 1 11:41:02 2019In response to Re: Yate v Hfc

Views: 7793

Rainham, respect for the trip, I'm led to believe your based in/around the Grays area. On average, it takes me around 5-6 hours each way - Yesterday I had a real good'un. GWR are a shambles. My Paignton train delayed by 45 mins - 2 trains cancelled - getting back to home base - no taxi from Telford Central for an hour! No pub for me - that's two, three times already this season. I cought two trains yesterday with one minute to spare! Mental. Makes you wonder the effect on the staff/players the travelling has. Seriously, it has to.
Football wise, the keeper regretably had a part to play in each. Elementary on the second. Not a critique, just a fact. The second was a tough because irrespective of our absentee-ism/ness that cross midfield pass again superseeded Howie being out-flanked. The shot should have been better dealt with - both these facets have been profound areas of concern. The two real highlighted areas of concern which underpins where I maintain we are vulnerable. Yate looked medicore, one or two interesting old skool types. The table never lies. We could be better off, if we were, we would be probably found out when it counts. The lad introduced out wide looked promising. First time I've seen us hit the by-line. Very promising. Every game we are absorbing more and more. Equally, I maintain as each game goes by you can see improvements. Rolling with the punches a tad, there's significant upside and I think these lads have a big match mentallity about them. Keep working at things we can do alright. Hamblin again top performer and Hopey looks re-freshed. Getting stronger by the week.