Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "The Tandem Show"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

The Tandem Show

By John Rogers14/11/2018 12:10Wed Nov 14 12:10:50 2018

Views: 2117

Last night I was struggling to remember any more than two genuine overhead kicks in my time watching Hendon that have gone on to ruffle the old onion bag. Bontcho against Canvey Island and I remember Eugene getting one against either Carshalton or perhaps Basingstoke once as well. There was Freddie's against Basingstoke from just outside the penalty area, but that was more of a scissor volley than a genuine bicycle kick.

Anyway. Shaq has been a revelation since joining the club. On Saturday I felt that he was the one player to rise above the dross and who looked likely to create something, last night second half he was pretty well unplayable at times and his strike rate is right up there. Indeed, in terms of league starts / goals, we now have:

Ricky - 11 goals in 9 starts (plus 2 sub)
Shaq - 6 goals in 6 starts
Connor - 3 goals in 3 starts (plus 1 sub)

The second half last night was probably, with the exception maybe of Dorchester away, the best I've seen from the side so far. The key difference is that clinical edge that has been lacking in the last couple of weeks at times. All five goals were excellently taken (actually, make that all six, their free-kick was outstanding too) and Connor seemd to thrive as the main man and having the pace of Shaq, Gianni and Shaun Lucien feeding off of him. Food for thought for Jimmy.