Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Beating teams from higher levels"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Beating teams from higher levels

By rwakeley1/10/2018 07:59Mon Oct 1 07:59:15 2018In response to Beating teams from higher levels

Views: 8926

I was aware of my statto interpretation and had excluded the FAT. The one thing trawling through comparative records with Chippers was that their FAC record is somewhat unimpressive. Only in the last couple of seasons, correlated with their rise up the ladder has it really taken higher level sides, from their perspective to dump them out. I had traced the past decade of FAC games and could only find two seasons where Chippers had out-performed us and that was only on the two seasons we have gone out at the first attempt. I could not find the last time Chippers had actually beaten a side from a higher level themselves within the past decade. They may have in the FAT. As a complete saddo, I also looked at Isthmian League vs Southern Prem teams in the 4thQ and beyond. It's a Ryman demolition. Far more Isthmian teams have progressed to the 4thQ - however, those from the Southern Prem tend to do generally as well. Those Southern teams that generally progress the farthest are usually sides pushing promotion, suggesting these things are correlated. Good cup run - good season. All good fun - should be down tomorrow - (hopefully), looking forward to seeing the lad's write another chapter/progress.

Edited by rwakeley at 08:08:45 on 1st October 2018