Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: 19th May 1977"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: 19th May 1977

By rwakeley16/9/2018 13:00Sun Sep 16 13:00:40 2018In response to Re: 19th May 1977

Views: 2000

I've got a slightly different stance. I'm full of contradictions. I don't think Poole were that good. They looked physically stronger as a unit compared to recent oppositions. I thought the game was mediocre at best. I think our performance was dictated by our physical shortcomings - we look off the pace. Tuesday backlash perhaps. Rumour doing the rounds that the gaffer may play a second string this Tuesday. Don't if true - interesting to hear his thoughts on whether we need a rest or more games. Probably an amalgamation. I have way bigger concerns irrespective of results. Frankly, too many to list! I've come to the conclusion that the overall standard of the quality in this division is different in style than the Isthmian and probably less in terms of quality. I don't think the teams generally have a catchment area to recruit players. There's a lot of players with very similar profiles. Just woke up doing the rounds of the league, watched the Salisbury vid from yesterday - they may come good - but then Staines look woeful at the back! The table does appear to be taking shape. The real positive, we are up there - we should get stronger. Contradictions galore. The final contradiction - I feel as if I could write for hours - my head hurts - but that could be the guinness!