Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Give everything and then some"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Give everything and then some

By rwakeley8/1/2018 16:37Mon Jan 8 16:37:43 2018

Views: 3419

Countdown begins - I recently watched a video of a rare Sutton loss (at Woking), and they could have scored a bucketful that day! Hard to imagine how tough Saturday is going to be. For all their consistent dominance, they don't seem to have a great conversion rate. I think we have real cause for optimism.
Recent years cup exits at Ebbsfleet, Boreham Wood, Dorchester and Aldershot. I've left the ground, despite the apparent gaps in stature, feeling that we could have faired better. We've not really threatened or created guilt edged chances. I do believe we can create chances this time around. Pitch wise 'on plastic' to date, our stiffest test, probably Maidstone away - epic performance. Defensively at times that day, back to the wall stuff. Those games, not being in the slightest disrespectful to Hendon, were characterized by the likes of Leon, Andre and Aaron up-front. Casey and Big Dave on the bench at Maidstone. This time around, I believe we have better outlets and are better equipped. We can occupy their centre-backs as they will us and we can stifle the balls into the box from left/right backs which we failed to do at Aldershot.
As with prior to Boreham Wood we go in with a couple of men down - this time we have cover. Despite getting back in numbers, even individually, you can forge opportunities against them. If the game gets really stretched it could get really interesting from both teams perspectives. I do worry about their sheer numbers up-front and the aerial stuff - but we have genuine pace. Balls through the channels and over the top - so many variables makes for an interesting afternoon.
Under no illusion how difficult the challenge - we could get a pasting - no shame there, and we have other more important objectives. Equally so, we could upset the bookies, we are bang in this. bet365 have Sutton 1/4 Hendon 13/2 The Draw 9/2 - Sutton favourites to win the whole competition.
All that counts for absolutely nothing - it's all on the day. I think we are better equipped, what's more I genuinely believe we can pull this off.
Do yourselves proud.

• Collapse threadGive everything and then some by rwakeley8/1/2018 16:37Mon Jan 8 16:37:43 2018view thread